Home purchase with existing equipment

Just bought a home with existing IQ Panel 2. Seems to control the thermostat and door locks without a problem but not the Genie garage door or skybell door bell. I would like to purchase the Automation package if it would allow me to use the existing equipment and have the added benefit of an app for my Iphone. Do you think this is possible?

Happy to assist! The equipment mentioned can be connected to service provided they are not connected to an existing ADC account.

Local control of the TSAT and doorlocks is possible without service. Control of Genie and the SkyBell would require service.

For that you would need the Automation plan and the Video Doorbell Only add on (can be purchased after account creation.)

About our service, we are a do it yourself, Alarm.com service provider. All service and support is handled online through our website, we are unable to provide phone support, local installation, or maintenance. You can find more about how Surety works here.

Service through Surety requires an Alarm.com compatible panel as well as an unregistered, 4G LTE cellular module. If you already have equipment, you can check the status of your cellular module via our Module Check Tool to determine if your system is eligible for service. If you aren’t sure which type of module you have, refer to this guide here.

Plan pricing and features can be found here. As service is offered on a month to month basis, plans can be changed at any time. To begin service, purcahse the service plan that best suits your needs. After purhcase, the website will walk you through the account creation process. Provided you have an unregistered, 4G LTE module, it takes about 5 minutes from service plan purhcase to account setup and connection.

Here you will find our General Policies and Frequently Asked Questions! Technical support can be found on our Support Site , where our technicians are always happy to help you!