Help with Video Recording Rules/Analytics

I have 2 issues:

1. Ground Zone/Tripwire Notification
    I have set recording rules to get notifications based on both ground zone and tripwires on my outdoor cameras. However, it seems that all my cameras records regardless even if they’re set outside the boundaries, and I will get notifications.

For example, I have set my front yard camera to notify me when someone enters both my ground zone/tripwire, which about 1 feet before the sidewalk. In other words, I don’t want to get push notifications when someone is on the sidewalk, only when someone enters the ground zone/tripwire.

Why I am getting notifications for every single motion detected? Am I missing something?

1. Vehicle Notifications
    I have my car parked in the driveway. I seem to be getting notified when a vehicle passes by. When I review the video analytics, the green square is on my parked car in the driveway and not the car the passed by. My theory is that the camera gets confused with the reflection on my parked car, thinking my car is the one moving.

Are people having the same issue? Is there any resolution to prevent from getting this false positive notifications?

Thanks!

Happy to assist!

Start with Smaller Ground Zones and trip wires. We are unable to see what the camera sees but we can see the size of the ground zone. They look large, consider shrinking them to accomdate only what you intened to capture.

From our guide on how to setup Video Analytics recording rules and best practices:

• Avoid intersecting tripwires or overlapping ground zones with objects that are prone to movements, such as trees, bushes, or other objects that move in the wind.

• Only draw the rule where the feet or wheels of an object should cross.

• Do not increase the size of the loiter zone or tripwire to cover the whole of the target.

• Do not include furniture, walls, trees, or other structures in the rule/selection.

• After observing what the rule detects over a few days, consider adjusting either the Minimum Object Detection Size slider or the camera calibration.

• When adjusting the Minimum Object Detection Size slider:

• Increasing the minimum object size can reduce false detection.
    • Decreasing the minimum object size can detect smaller targets.

If after following the above, your are still running into issues, do the following:

• Delete the Recording Rule. Wait 5 mintues, Then re-create the recording rule (following the linked guide above for best practices). After creating the rule, wait 5 mintues for the rule to be sent to the camera, then test.