HD100 video question (continuous local live streaming)

couple of questions:

how do I have the video feed to stay on either through website on laptop or through iPhone? it times out after just a minute or two.

For the iPhone app, is there a way to configure app so that app runs without timing out (like an alarm clock that stays active).

I only have the cameras and panel, no door/window sensor. Can I have the camera video to come on and record anytime there is motion on my porch where the camera is located?

To view live video continuously without timing out, use the “Alarm.com Video” app for Apple TV or Fire TV. It’s optimized to be a CCTV video monitor-like experience. You have to be on the same WIFI network as the camera for continuous viewing. I’m not sure you can do that with the regular Alarm.com app, but I’ll double check and follow up.

Yes, you can configure video motion detection on the camera through Alarm.com and have it upload a video clip when motion is detected. Log into the Alarm.com website and go to Video -> Recording Rules and add a Video Motion Detection rule.

I checked and I do not have a Alarm.com video app option.

It’s only available on Apple TV and Fire TV or Fire tablet. Do you have one of these devices?

To install on Apple TV you visit the app store and installed the Alarm.com app. It’s the only Alarm.com app available for Apple TV.

For Fire TV or Fire tablet there is an Alarm.com app and an Alarm.com Video app. You would install the Alarm.com Video app.

You can stream Alarm.com cameras continuously to the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 as well if you have that panel.

No. I do not have an Apple TV. Guess I will have to keep refreshing my screen on my computer every 45 seconds or so. Sadly, if I hear a noise on the porch, by the time I refresh the screen to show the video again, it could be a moot point. I have a dog on my front porch so when I set a VMD, even with low sensitivity, it sets it off every minute so I had to turn it off. Tried setting a rule to only view 1 section of the camera view of the yard instead of the porch but it still set it off every minute.

If continuously streaming live video is important to you, it might be worth it to get a device just for that. Then you could have your cameras up all the time and still have your mobile device available for other use.

It can be pretty inexpensive. There are Fire Tablets available for $50 and Fire TV Sticks that plug into the HDMI input on your TV for $25. Either can run the Alarm.com Video app.

I got a Fire Tablet myself for this. I keep it on a little stand/clip so it stands up on it’s own and I take it around the house with me when I want to monitor cameras.

Pity it doesn’t work on a Roku. I just purchased one of those yesterday.

Does it work on a Kindle Fire tablet?

I agree, I only had a Roku before and I had to get Fire Sticks in order to use the Alarm.com Video app on my TVs. But at $25 it didn’t hurt much. I actually use the Fire Sticks more than the Roku now even for TV.

Yes, the Alarm.com Video apps works on Kindle Fire Tablets as long as they have Android version 4.4 or higher. Kindle Fire tablets are now called Fire HD or Fire HDX. I use the term Fire tablet to cover both.

I purchased the Amazon Fire tablet this weekend but it will not let me install the alarm.com app.

What exactly is happening that’s not letting you? The Alarm.com Video app is an app on the Amazon app store.

You should be able to install it like other Fire apps.

The only requirement is having Android version 4.4 or higher. Any new Fire table should have that. Where is it getting stuck? Is there an error message?

This really is a strange limitation. I am on my computer all day and there is no way for me to have continuous streaming in my browser? I know you are trying to make it a positive but now I have to spend money on a device just for this and carry it aroudn with me when I already have my phone. I don’t get it. I may have to look for another video solution. Everyone I know that has video cameras can continuously stream on their laptop, desktop and phone.

More information on Live Streaming through Alarm.com can be found here: