Had Incident, Don't Know Why

Ahh, so you must have just got the bridge and image sensor recently also (they require the XCVR2), so you are probably still under warranty for those items as well.

For the transceiver, yes. Amazon has a 30 day return policy on everything I believe. New card expected on the 4th. :slight_smile: I hope it solves the problems. I’ll post back after I receive new stuff and test everything again.

BTW. Try to get the newest revision of the XCVR2. This is what to look for:

There appears to be a manufacturer date code ON the XCVR2…FOR EXAMPLE “2714” (27th week of 2014, or June 2014). Notice it is also a “REV B” or hardware revision B (the one posted above is a “2011 REV A” or hardware revision A, which suggests it is one of the original transceivers from when the TS1’s came out (and before the Image Sensors were available). There may even be a “REV C” now since the bridge was released end of 2014.

I had issues with my 900mhz devices with signals all over the place, I replaced the 2011 REV A XCVR2 with the the one you see below, and I have not had any 900mhz signal issues since.

After replacing the XCVR2, I now get two alerts -

1. Console: Sensor receiver loss of supervision
  2. Loss of transceiver supervision

My radio signal is 0/31. What happened? Did two radio tests, both tests said it was ok.

Also riven, the date codes on both modules is 0615 Rev B.

*edit…
Did another radio test, still says ok but it’s also saying 'no backend connection along with supervision failure & frequency: unknown.

Power down the panel completely, then check the pin ports where the transceiver plugs in, the pins may be off.

Cell test performs, says it’s ok but still getting ‘radio frequency: unknown’ under radio status. Now getting a 4/31 for signal.

GoBridge tested ok fairly quickly. Image sensor is registering now, what is ‘request authorization code’ under IS menu?

Did you power down, reseat the transceiver and power back up? Radio status doesn’t accurately settle for a bit after a power up.

Request authorization code I believe is a dealer function to test images. Now installing an Image sensor automatically places it in test so images aren’t automatically uploaded, using quota.

Yes, powered down completely, reseated the transceiver and powered up. The image sensor I have connected already should be ok right? No need to re-install?

I’ll wait a while and report back on radio signal then. Would you suggest I do another alarm situation?

Did a quick walk test to see signal. The IS & GoBridge are now showing full signal with check marks at right as opposed to no signal and an X to the right with the other transceiver.

Did a quick walk test to see signal. The IS & GoBridge are now showing full signal with check marks at right as opposed to no signal and an X to the right with the other transceiver

Excellent. Then that should resolve your IS issue. You should place system on test, and then trigger the IS to see if it captures and uploads alarm event.

FYI if your system is on test, and Central Station comes over 2way, simply tell them that your “system is on test”. The call comes through as orphaned, and they have no clue who you are, or even what system or account it originated from. They actually need to fix that, or train their staff to recognize test signals so as not to waste valuable resources that could be used for someone with a true alarm or emergency event.

what is ‘request authorization code’ under IS menu?
Request authorization code I believe is a dealer function to test images. Now installing an Image sensor automatically places it in test so images aren’t automatically uploaded, using quota.

You don’t have to be Dealer to use it.

Enter your cell module number, and the provided authorization code here:
http://www.alarm.com/Imagesetup

I use the “request authorization code” all the time. It allows you to upload IS images without it counting against your monthly quota (if say you move/realign IS (take it down and replace batteries, and then want to check the image capture after you put it back up, or reinstall it)).

Here is how to use it:
http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/9-ADC-2GIG-Image-Sensor-quot-Request-Authorization-Code-quot

Ahh…good info riven. Thanks. Will come in useful I’m sure.

I’m also going to remount the panel closer to the center of the home. Just had to find my fishing tape.

I use it to do “peak ins” that don’t count…:wink:

haha… Shhh…

Well, got it mounted. Walking test looks good. Everything except the IS. Shows up but can’t trip it.

I’m going to try removing it from my system then adding again. Need to find how to remove. Blinking red light every 10 or so seconds.

BTW…in the screenshots your signal is at 25/31, how’d you do that? Mine’s now at 11/31.

Signal strength X/31 refers to your cellular radio status. This is affected by home construction and antenna placement, and mostly, by cellular coverage of the chosen provider.