Gocontrol GDZ00 compatible Genie openers?

Are there any new Genie openers that are known to be compatible with the GoControl GDZ00 devices? I need a garage door opener for a new build and trying to find this information is a pain. Linear’s incompatible models list naming doesn’t appear to match any of the current professionally installed models. I would prefer one that has Aladdin Connect as well, in case I ever get rid of the GDZ00, but it’s not a requirement.

Barring that, are there any models of new openers from other brands that are known to be compatible?

The Linear Z-Wave Garage Door Controller is compatible with nearly all non-MyQ garage door openers with safety eyes. There is no list of compatible openers, just incompatible ones, and it is not exhaustive.

Exceptions include:

• Genie PowerMax 1500
  • Genie TriloG 1200 & 1500
  • Genie IntelliG 1000 & 1200
  • Aladdin Connect-enabled motors

This list of exceptions is the most up to date provided by the manufacturer:

More information on connection and compatibility found here:

So that means any Genie with Aladdin Connect will not work?

According to Alarm.com the Linear GD00Z-X will not work with Aladdin Connect enabled motors

Thanks. Unfortunately, it looks like the GD00Z’s days are numbered. None of the current Genie models appear to be compatible, and neither is LiftMaster. Do you have any information on the Ecolink Garage Controller - GCZW7-ECO? It’s on the Alarm.com compatibility list, but there doesn’t seem to be much information available about it.

I’m showing that the Ecolink Garage Controller - GCZW7-ECO is listed as ADC compatible but Qolsys representatives state it is not listed as compatible with their panels. This interaction may require local testing.

Alarm.com shows the following regarding overhead compatibility:

LiftMaster, Chamberlain, Craftsman, and Raynor openers

with Yellow, Red/Orange, Purple, and Green Learn buttons.

All other openers with safety eyes

The Ecolink Z-Wave Plus Garage Controller (GCZW7-ECO) is compatible with most openers with safety eyes.

Keep in mind that both myQ, Genie Aladdin, and OHD Anywhere are all compatible with Alarm.com.

More information on garage automation can be found here: