General faq for initial setup?

Is there a faq or video going over setting up Surety/ADC account for the first time and linking it to my panel? Stuff such as:

Verbal monitoring pw means what?
IMEI is what?
ADC username different from Surety? Do I have to make a separate ADC login on their own site first?

Take a look here:

Specifically, the articles near the bottom that are titled “How to Get Started using Surety with [your panel type]”

As an example, here’s the one for the IQ4:

And there are other how to articles for adding sensors, etc after the initial setup.

As you go through the setup process on the surety site, when it comes to the IMEI setup time, there will be a button you can click like “Need help?” that shows where it is printed on different panel types. FYI: IMEI is a number that identifies the cellular chip in your panel so that it can be linked to your account.

In the setup, you’ll be given an account with surety and with alarm.com. The surety login will be used to manage your surety account/subscription/features, while the alarm.com login will be used to manage your alarm system (arm/disarm remotely, view/add cameras, etc).

I think the pw after verbal monitoring stands for password. In the event of an alarm, the operator who calls you will ask for a verbal password that you’ve set (during the setup process or on surety’s site with the surety login after the fact) to verify that they are talking to you.

1 Like

Good info above.

ADC username different from Surety? Do I have to make a separate ADC login on their own site first?

They are two separate sets of credentials, but you can make them the same if you wish. You do not create a login on Alarm.com first. Your Alarm.com account activation is automatic and part of the activation process on our website.

In the submission form you’ll be asked for your desired Alarm.com username.

If you have monitoring you’ll be asked for a single verbal monitoring password, as described above used for validating identity during calls with monitoring operators. You can also add or edit your monitoring station verbal passwords at any time later after activation within our system manager on our website.

The links you gave me just tell me in a roundabout way to go to my system manager page and I will be walked through it from there, but it is there from whence I came before posting here.

There are no buttons on that page or anything to hover on that explains where to find the IMEI number needed to get to the next step. From perusing online it looks like I should go to the settings on the IQ panel, but I can’t access those settings without going through the installation wizard first, which one of your links told me NOT to do.

I found the IMEI number and created my account but the setup wizard on the panel itself now isn’t working for me - every step times out.

Apparently I had only thought I’d entirely set up my ADC account based on the surety system manager page telling me I had, but there were more steps when I checked my email and now the panel was able to go through the wizard successfully.

Glad you found that IMEI and got connected.

For reference, the IMEI help is front-loaded currently. The first step of the buying process for service with an existing system is to validate your module via its IMEI. This is to confirm you have an unregistered system and can activate.

You can click the Need Help? link on that page to view instructions on finding the IMEI for various panel types. I’ll suggest to the team to add that info later during activation as well in case that step was skipped.

If you follow the system manager steps within that page to the end, it will validate that the panel is communicating and provide a link to login for the first time. We also send a welcome email with instructions on logging in, but your panel must begin communication with Alarm.com before completing the wizard or logging into Alarm.com.