GE Concord 4 to SuretyDIY

Thank you! I now see Thermostats|Lights|Locks|Garage|Water|Rules|Scenes|Devices under emPower. For some reason, I did not see Rules and Scenes yesterday.

Thanks for removing the phone error.

Lastly, I was wondering why I couldn’t see my light on/off status but a quick search tells me the Concord panels do not support polling. Oh well, I’m just too happy to be rid of my old alarm company thanks to suretyDIY and will live without light status. :slight_smile:

Hi - How do I perform a Network Rediscovery on a Concord 4 panel? I don’t see any advanced options under the emPower > Devices tab, where I expected to find it. Thanks!

The Concord 4 unfortunately carriers the limitation of no local Network Rediscovery. Since the Concord itself does not process any Z-wave info, you cannot perform any functions through the keypad. Currently the Network Rediscovery for Concord 4 is in the dealer tools. Would you like us to send a command now?

Btw, I know that this has been brought up as a feature enhancement request through Alarm.com, so we’re looking forward to that getting added.

Got it. Thanks, but no need to do a Rediscovery now, as I only have 1 device included.

I was going to start adding devices close to the controller first, and then hopefully will be able to add those farther out via Network Wide Inclusion. As you know my (Concord 4) cellular module is not portable.

After I’ve added all the devices I have, I will make a request for Network Rediscovery.

Also, I guess I’ll soon find out, but for NWI to work, do all devices need to be NWI compatible, or just the repeating nodes that are directly in contact with the controller? I was hoping to use gen 5 devices close to the controller and some gen 3 devices on the periphery of the house farther from the controller. I’m not sure if my plan makes sense.

Correct, NWI would need to be supported by the repeating nodes close to the controller in order for a further node’s inclusion signal to be repeated to the panel. iirc the further nodes do not need to support NWI.

Just to see what happens, I attempted to add the two farthest devices (switches in the garage to control exterior lights) to the Z wave network and both worked right away! Now I’ll take my time adding inside switches throughout the house.

The migration to SuretyDIY/ADC has been completely satisfying, thanks to your amazing support. In addition to the interactive sensor monitoring, smart device control, and cellular reliability, I’m very happy to be taking complete control of my own equipment. For example, I discovered that one sensor (carbon monoxide detector) was not being detected by the panel (didn’t show up in the ADC list), so I will investigate next.

Thank you.

The migration to SuretyDIY/ADC has been completely satisfying, thanks to your amazing support.

We are very glad to hear that! We’re happy to help out.

I discovered that one sensor (carbon monoxide detector) was not being detected by the panel (didn’t show up in the ADC list), so I will investigate next.

Keep in mind only 319.5 GE radio wireless carbon monoxide detectors would be compatible with the Concord 4, but if it is one, it is possible it hadn’t been learned in. If you moved into this home with an existing system, it is also possible it was removed from the system at some point.

In the ADC sensor list after being initially activated with suretyDIY, I was missing sensors 14 and 21. I ran Learn Sensors, and was able to learn in Sensor 14 (hardwired CO gas detector). Concord 4 Learn Sensor menu went right to 14, showing the correct zone name “Second Floor Gas,” so I just had to assign Group 34 to it. Did the panel know the name of the sensor because it had been learned in in the past (and not deleted)?

Also, later when I logged into ADC, the learned in sensor showed up in the list. Does that mean ADC auto-updates new and deleted sensor information during communication with the panel?

(I will start a separate topic for the rest of my investigation, as I uncovered several other issues about my system, about which I knew very little until I went diy with suretydiy. Thank you.)

Did the panel know the name of the sensor because it had been learned in in the past (and not deleted)?

The concord will jump to the first unused wireless zone, and yes if it was already named there that means it would have been previously learned in and deleted.

Does that mean ADC auto-updates new and deleted sensor information during communication with the panel?

Yes, sensor changes are synced with Alarm.com automatically.

I will start a separate topic for the rest of my investigation, as I uncovered several other issues about my system, about which I knew very little until I went diy with suretydiy. Thank you.

We’re always happy to help out! Let us know if you have any questions.