GC3 Screen Issue

Any Idea what happened to the screen? The panel is only 2 years old and gets limited use.

GC3.jpg

I’m not seeing a related suretyDIY order, is that correct?

I have not heard of that kind of hue distortion on a GC3 panel screen so I could not say for sure what might’ve caused it. Have you tried powering down completely, wait 2 minutes, then power the panel back up? If this has an effect there is likely a software or power component to the problem.

If it persists it is more likely a result of physical damage or hardware failure.

I would contact your original vendor/current service provider to determine their warranty policy.

Correct, I do not have an account with SuretyDIY. I have ADC and I’m currently stuck in a contract with Brinks for the monitoring. I do not trust them whatsoever So I get all of my questions answered from reading the information off of this site. It’s helped tremendously. Another quick question, I’m looking at purchasing some cameras and smoke/co2 detectors from the store. Will I have any issues integrating these into my system…meaning once I install them can they be monitored?

I have ADC and I’m currently stuck in a contract with Brinks for the monitoring. I do not trust them whatsoever So I get all of my questions answered from reading the information off of this site. It’s helped tremendously.

We’re happy to help out! I like to double check if the product was purchased from us as we would have record of age and serial/production run and could provide more info regarding warranty, etc.

Another quick question, I’m looking at purchasing some cameras and smoke/co2 detectors from the store. Will I have any issues integrating these into my system…..meaning once I install them can they be monitored?

We unfortunately cannot confirm what is supported by another provider’s service plans, so you would need to contact your provider to determine if video is enabled on your account or if they have any limitations on device types, etc. (There usually isn’t for sensors, but the video is a separate service)

As far as local programming, any 345Mhz 2GIG or Honeywell 5800 series sensor would be compatible with a GC3. We sell the 2GIG SMKT3 and CO3-345.

Alarm.com video cameras do not communicate with the alarm panels and they do not communicate via the panel cell module.

ADC cams are IP cams that talk to ADC directly through your internet connection. These do require a service add-on in the ADC back-end. Depending on your provider and service level this may or may not be included in your service plan. Please contact your provider for more info on this.

Let us know if we can otherwise help out!