GC3 panel. Trouble and power loss beeps in the middle of the night

Last night the power in our neighborhood went out for a couple of hours. We kept getting beeps when something was reported on the panel messages. I believe the first one was the power loss notification @10 min.

I went through all of the settings and trouble reports at night are turned off. Is there anything else we can do to keep this beeping at us while we are sleeping if the power goes out?

The programming question you would be looking for on the GC3 is Q42. That question should be enabled to make sure that trouble alerts do not sound between the hours of 10pm and 9am.

Are you saying you changed it now to enabled, or was it already enabled?

It was already enabled when I checked the settings this morning.

When did the original trouble occur?

Was it after 10 pm?

It looks like you have the latest firmware version. Did you update the firmware since then or were you on the current version when the issue occurred?

I upgraded a few weeks ago. And the power went out at 10:30 pm our time.

Interesting, ok I will try to test this on a panel with the same firmware version today. I am curious if this is a firmware bug, there shouldn’t be anything else needed.

If you are able to, try testing that again to confirm later and let me know whether you see the same thing occur.

Were you hearing full trouble alert beeps? (Multiple beeps repeated)

Or was it a single beep every so often?

Single beep every so often till we read the message on the panel.

Ok, yeah that is what I am getting too, but that is not a trouble beep exactly, it looks like it is specifically a message reminder. I’m going to see if I get it to occur from other trouble conditions.

Either way, seems like a bug. I’ll report this to 2GIG. Will follow up here with response.

Thank you.

The wife was pretty annoyed when the power went out and it kept beeping and making the dogs go crazy in the middle of the night.