GC3 Display stopped working

In the process of trying to resolve a “radio” communication error the display screen stopped working. I have tried power cycling the system 3 times to see if the screen will come back. After reboot the system will chime the “ready to arm” message and I can touch the screen and get audio response from the system, but screen remains blank.

A similar post is found below.

I would recommend unplugging the panel transformer from its outlet, then opening the panel and pulling the battery.

Wait 20 minutes. Then plug in battery, close panel and plug in power supply. Any change?

Sadly this did not fix it. The panel was powered down overnight. That was my third attempt. I am assuming we need to order new hardware at this point.

Can you tell me what we should we replace this with? We need to replace the panel and the cell card. What triggered this whole thing was our effort to troubleshoot why we were getting intermittent Radio Network errors. We want to make sure we get the most robust communications card with the system if this is an interference issue in our building that we are only now experiencing.

Can you tell me what we should we replace this with? We need to replace the panel and the cell card.

Im not showing this username is associated with an account through Surety, so I cannot confirm what equipment you are using.

However, If you are using the 2GIG GC3 panel and it is no longer functioning, then you would need a new system that works with 345MHz sensors as the 2GIG GC3 communicates with 345MHz.

The 2GIG GC3 has been discontinued. 2GIG currently makes two alarm panels that work with Alarm.com, the 2GIG GC2e and the 2GIG Edge. We do not sell either, but both can be found from other vendors online.

The GC2e would need a separate cellular module, the Edge panel has a built in 4G LTE module.

Alternatively, you could switch to the Qolsys brand IQ Panel 4 IQP4003 which works with 345MHz sensors and PowerG sensors. Like the Edge it has a built in 4G LTE module.

We have 2 motion detectors and 2 door detectors, The model number is 2GIG -GCKIT311. I am assuming we will need to replace everything or is some of the hardware compatible?

Existing 345Mhz 2GIG alarm sensors like the motion detector and door sensors would be compatible with a new 2GIG Panel or with the 345Mhz version of the IQ Panel 4 here. The sensors would not need to be replaced.

Once a new panel is obtained you can swap the alarm panel connected to your account by logging into the suretyhome.com account associated with the account and visiting the system manager here. Select the Swap Cellular Module/Panel option.

We have the new panel but it seems we need to email support to get the new device added? When I try to add it from alarm.com it says to email support.

No need to email, per above:

Once a new panel is obtained you can swap the alarm panel connected to your account by logging into the suretyhome.com account associated with the account and visiting the system manager here. Select the Swap Cellular Module/Panel option.

You’ll need to login using the primary account holder’s credentials.