GC2 reaching retirement age?

So I’ve had my GC2 for 9 years. I noticed no new firmware’s posted in a year.

I also noticed a lack of hardware for it on the sale site. Looks like Qolsys is the new preferred vendor.

Could you help me clarify or understand if I should be planning for a hardware refresh/upgrade?

Thanks in advance,

Wes

The GC2 is still a current and supported system. 2GIG has not announced any end of life date for the panel.

There have been a couple minor updates (support for a new LTE module) recently, up to 1.19.3. All indications suggest the panel will be fully supported by the manufacturer for quite some time.

There would be no major reason to swap hardware if you are happy with your system.

You are correct, for new systems we recommend using the IQ Panel 2+. The panel is user-friendly, powerful, and has some exclusive features like Alarm.com video on the panel, doorbell call answering on the panel, advanced Z-wave diagnostics, etc.

If you already have a 2GIG Panel you are happy with, you can continue using it without trouble!

Hi Jason,

That being the case and considering I have the Ethernet interface can you please push the latest firmware? I authorize it to go thru now.

Wes

Certainly, I’ve started a firmware update for you over broadband to 1.19.3. This may take up to a couple hours.