GC2 Panel Swap

I have a very old GC2 that was put in by Vivint in 2008. It as been taken over by Surety for a few years now. The panel is having issues so I want to swap it out for a new GC2. I will be keeping all of the exiting sensors and the modem that is loaded into the current panel. Is there any other information that I need to notify surety and ADC before I switch the panels. I will have to do a resync all sensors and zwave devices. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Mike

Is there any other information that I need to notify surety and ADC before I switch the panels. I will have to do a resync all sensors and zwave devices. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Happy to help! If you are switching to another GC2 and you have an active suretyDIY Alarm.com account, we can assist with a backup and restore process. You current panel settings, sensors, and users would be backed up and could then be restored to a new panel. (Z-wave, Image Sensors, TS1s are not able to be backed up and must be manually programmed into new panel)

To try this process please follow the steps below when ready:

1. Request a backup of the current settings either through secure message or email to customerservice@suretyDIY.com. Our team will notify you via email when the backup is run.
  2. Power down old panel, remove communication module.
  3. Install module into new panel but do not power it on yet.
  4. Let us know you are ready for the settings to be pushed.
  5. Our team will confirm and provide instructions to complete the process.