Gateway and SVR

Jason is there a firmware release history for the Gateway? I’m wondering if the firmware upgrade didn’t go well when I first installed the Gateway. Perhaps these are all bugs on the release version of the Gateway which they’ve resolved through upgrades of firmware. It just doesn’t seem to be compatible with the svr or it is my router.

No, for the SC130 we don’t have any visibility into firmware that I am aware. Nothing listed like other video devices in the dealer site.

No account events in history referencing SC130 firmware, just installation.

Did you only try to do this on the latest firmware version of the SVR

yes. I got the gateway only after the updating to the latest SVR firmware update.

Just wanted to confirm, got off the phone with an alarm.com tech via a dealer, and they confirmed that the svr and the Gateway are definitely not compatible. You can have cameras on the Gateway no problem, but the svr won’t record it.

I asked if future firmware upgrades might solve this, they said they would like to see that functionality.

1 Like

and they confirmed that the svr and the Gateway are definitely not compatible. You can have cameras on the Gateway no problem, but the svr won’t record it.

Hmm. Any context to that assertion from that rep? Is it the SVR firmware version which is problematic?

I believe you mentioned you upgraded firmware on the SVR but that was actually inadvertently rolling back the version to a previous one. Did they address that and re-apply the rolling update?

See below

Good, question Jason. I didn’t bring the FW issue up. There seems to be quite a bit of mis-information on this, probably even within alarm.com. But it simply doesn’t work for me.

Anyway you can try to replicate this on your end?

What is strange is the camera is connected to the gateway, all lights are green on the SVR (and camera), but the video screen is just black, interchanging between connecting-disconnected and can’t see the picture on the local HDMI display.

Yeah, I’m just going to do some testing with the SVR122 I have here on my test system. Will update with how it works out

1 Like

Just curious if you had a chance to test at least a couple of cameras on the svr via the Gateway.

Hi, could you confirm if the SVR122 is being discontinued? If this is true, do you know what is replacing it (if any)? Any update on the SVR122-Gateway compatibility?

I’m not aware of any official decision yet, but it appears that there may be some issues sourcing parts. If we hear an official discontinuation we will confirm it here on the support site.

Awaiting some updated information from ADC regarding the Gateway.

1 Like

I just recently found out that the ADC523 and ADC723 cameras support local storage using microSD cards at 30fps. I haven’t tried this myself, but could be an alternative to the SVR. There is a microSD slot located at the bottom of the camera. The 522IR also has a microSD card slot. Do you know if there are plans for this camera to also support this feature?

This would actually could be quite useful because in theory you would circumvent any svr or Gateway compatibility issues.

Currently the only compatible cameras are the 523, the 723, and the new 515 model (more of an entry level model).

I do believe they plan to expand the onboard capability to more cameras, but I am not sure about the 522IR at this time. I’ll reach out to some folks at ADC to see if they have anything they can share. They may not be able to share plans or eta yet depending where it is in development.