Garage door delay

I have 2 linear modules hooked up to my garage door openers and 1 Chamberlain with a built in module. When I try to open or close my garage doors through the app, it takes a very long time open the doors and there is a huge delay each time. My cell signal is weak, but I have full bars on WiFi and I have the go bridge. It’s also inaccurate. It will show closed when it’s not closed or open when its closed. During the summer my wife will sometime crack the garage open a little and I will check the app and it will say closed which has caused us to leave it cracked open all night (security risk)

When I try to open or close my garage doors through the app, it takes a very long time open the doors and there is a huge delay each time. My cell signal is weak, but I have full bars on WiFi and I have the go bridge.

Can you quantify the delay you are referencing? Also since the Chamberlain and the Linear Z-wave communicate via different methods, a local delay for one would not impact the other, and I see no delay in the panel acknowledging commands, so there should be a noticeable difference between Chamberlain and Z-wave. Can you try testing a few times on each and let me know how long the delay is and which doors are affected?

It’s also inaccurate. It will show closed when it’s not closed or open when its closed. During the summer my wife will sometime crack the garage open a little and I will check the app and it will say closed which has caused us to leave it cracked open all night (security risk)

The garage being cracked open is unlikely to be open far enough to register as open by the tilt sensor.

A tilt sensor is installed on each door with the Linear Z-wave openers, and if you use the wifi hub for Chamberlain, the same is true, there would be a Chamberlain tilt sensor.

These tilt sensors run on battery and will cause a lot of status inconsistencies if the batteries are low. I would first recommend replacing the battery in the tilt sensors.

The delay is usulaly 2-3 minutes from when I hit the “Close” or “open” until the garage doors beep and move.

My theory is that the ADC app is trying to execute on my weak cell signal vs the strong WIFI

I will test for this by turning off cellualr and see if its fast.

When I turned off cellular data it worked a lot better and almost no delay.

I noticed even when I have cellular on, the app delays before loading so I think the issue is that instead of sensing the cell signal is low and swtiching to Wifi for the app, it keep trying to use the weak cell signal.

Can ADC change this to always use wifi as a a priority and then swtich to cell if the wifi is weak or n on existant?

Ah, that is not something ADC controls. That is something your phone controls. I’ll bet you are using iOS?

There is a setting called Wifi assist which I think makes it so cellular is always prioritized and used even if wifi is available depending on the connection. Go into Settings > Cellular and disable “Wifi Assist”

I dont have a wifi assist setting. THere is a a “wifi calling” which I think is the opposite if what you stated in that it switched to wifi for calls when the cell signal is weak

What OS version are you using on that device?