frontpoint contract ends soon - can I enroll to your monitoring after?

Hello,

My 3 years contract expires in a couple months from now. I want to get away from the central monitoring service and use the email/text notification. My current system is the three years old GE Simon XT model without the touchscreen.

1. Is there a way to find out if my current system is 3G without opening the unit? I don’t want to break the unit since I still have 2 months of remaining with Frontpoint.

2. Do I need 3G to enroll with your monitoring service? The system is using the Zwave light switch function as part of the automation feature.

3. Is it possible to enroll with your monitoring service after the Frontpoint cancellation? Because I have an account with alarm.com already.

Thanks,

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Service through suretyDIY would require an unregistered, Alarm.com compatible, 3G or better cellular module.

If you are looking to switch to suretyDIY with a Simon XT, this guide here will help you locate the cellular module number. You can then use this Module Check Tool to determine the status and compatibility of your radio.

Note, the only way to obtain the cellular module number is from the sticker printed on the module, it cannot be ascertained through the panel keypad.

Keep in mind that a cellular module can only be linked to one Alarm.com account at a time. It would need to be unregistered from the current Alarm.com account before it can be assigned to a new Alarm.com account through suretyDIY.

Hello Tyler,

1. Do you know if I can unregistered my current Simon XT from alarm.com after the contract is over with frontpoint?
  2. If I decide to change the Simon XT panel to a different brand panel, then can I keep all my existing sensors?

Thanks,

1. Do you know if I can unregistered my current Simon XT from alarm.com after the contract is over with frontpoint?

I cannot speak to the policies of other service providers. You would likely need to contact them to find out more information. You can use this Module Check Tool to confirm that your module is unregistered and ready for use after your previous service provider has cancelled your account. Keep in mind, the module can only be linked to one Alarm.com account at a time.

2. If I decide to change the Simon XT panel to a different brand panel, then can I keep all my existing sensors?

The Simon XT utilizes sensors on the 319.5Mhz frequency so you would want a panel that can also support those devices. The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 would be compatible with 319.5MHz devices and is Alarm.com compatible.