From 2gig go control to qolsys panel 2

Changing panels from a 2 gig go control to a qolsys iq panel 2. Couple of questions:

1. Is this a good move? Heard iw pannel 2 is good.

2. I have a 2gig pir image sensor. Is this compatible with the panel 2?

3. I have 2 Honeywell 5800 glassbreak sensors that won’t learn, but my other 2 did. Any reason why they wouldn’t learn into the new panel?

Thanks

Thank you for reaching out!

1. Is this a good move? Heard iw pannel 2 is good.

It depends on use case and which version of the IQ Panel 2 you are thinking of switching to. The IQ Panel 2 or 2+. Both offer encrypted sensors for a more secure system. Built in wi-fi, larger capacitive touch screen, etc.

What are you looking for out of your panel?

I have a 2gig pir image sensor. Is this compatible with the panel 2?

If using the Qolsys IQ Panel 2, you would be looking at either the ADC-IS-100-LP, ADC-IS-200-LP, ADC-IS-221 LP, and ADC-IS-300-LP Image sensors. The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 would need the Qolsys image sensor daughter card installed as well.

The Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ is not compatible with any of the image sensors listed above or the 2GIG PIR Image Sensor.

I have 2 Honeywell 5800 glassbreak sensors that won’t learn, but my other 2 did. Any reason why they wouldn’t learn into the new panel?

To clarify, you are attempting to learn in 2 Honeywell 5800 Glassbreaks into the 2GIG GC2 panel? Those would be compatible. Do you have two that will learn in and 2 that did not? Are they all the same model number?

As far as what I’m looking for, just an upgrade from the 2gig go control. I am gettin the panel 2 not 2 plus.

I am switching all of my sensors over from the go control to the panel 2. I have 4 glass breaks same model Honeywell. 2 of them just fine but 2 of them wouldn’t learn. Could there be an issue with the sensor? I hooked them back up to the go control and they worked just fine, hit a pan and triggered the glass break too.

If you have an IQ Panel 2 (not IQ Panel 2 Plus) then it isn’t compatible with your Honeywell sensors. It’s compatible with Qolsys S-Line sensors and GE/Interlogix 319 MHz wireless sensors but not Honeywell 5800 sensors. There is a model of the newer IQ Panel 2 Plus (QS9201-1208-840) that works with Honeywell sensors you might consider. If you want to stick with the IQ Panel 2 you would need different wireless sensors.

I stand corrected. I should have read the box. It is a 2 plus panel.

All of my sensors except these 2 glass breaks will learn.

I go to security sensors
Add sensor
Type in the sensor 7 digit id, glass break, loop 1, source securityrf 345.

It says successfully added

I go to sensor status and it says active, not normal like other glassbreaks . When I go to sensor test there is no dbm or packets, just blank.

Its possible there is an issue with the sensor. If all four are identical make/model numbers and two of them are learned in as expected. Are these sensors new?

I go to security sensors Add sensor
Type in the sensor 7 digit id, glass break, loop 1, source securityrf 345.

When learning the GB into the IQP2+, Instead of typing in the ID are you able to use the “Auto Learn” function to pair the glass break with the panel?

Auto learn is the button next to the Add Sensor button on the Security Sensors page when learning a sensor. When Auto Learning a sensor, you would trip/tamper the sensor to learn it into the panel, as opposed to typing in the ID manually.

I tried to auto learn but I typed all of the other sensors Id into the pannel, so when I clicked on auto learn every sensor already in the pannel tried to learn in.

You will have to remove the GB from programming first before trying to add it back in.

The “Auto Learn” feature is nearly identical to the standard Add Sensor feature in the Qolsys IQ Panel 2.+. The main difference is that when using Auto Learn, the panel is “listening” for the ID to be broadcast by tripping the sensor.

While listening, it is possible to trigger motion detectors or other sensor that are already learned into the panel by activating them. You will want to bring the GB in question near the panel before using Auto Learn to ensure that no other sensors get activated with doing this.

How old are the sensors/batteries?

Do I need to power up my 2 gig panel and remove the sensor before trying to learn it into the panel 2 plus?

Thanks

No, that wouldn’t be necessary. But if you already learned it in to the IQ Panel by manually typing the ID in, you would need to remove if from programming on the Qolsys panel before trying to learn it in on the Qolsys panel via the Auto Learn feature.

I think the glass break sensors are bad. Are the Honeywell 5853s known for this? Any brand better or more reliable?

So with the panel 2 plus I cannot use image motion sensors any more?

Thanks

I have not heard of any known issues with the Honeywell 5853 glass break sensors. How old are the sensors in question? After learning them in have you been able to test them?

If using 345MHz sensors, you could also use the 2GIG GB1-345 Glass break which communicates on the same RF frequency as the HW 5800s. However, the GB1 does not offer the same sensitivity settings.

The IQ Panel 2+ is not compatible with the Image Sensors listed in the above post.

It can however use the PowerG PIR cameras (PG9934 and PG9944) so long as the panel is on FW 2.4 or higher. PowerG PIR cameras are only compatible with capturing alarm and Peek-in Now images.

Since the panel 2 plus has encrypted signals, do I need to change out all my sensors with encrypted sensors to get encryption?

Yes, existing Honeywell/2GIG sensors from your old system don’t transmit encrypted signals. You would have to use PowerG sensors if you want encryption with that panel.

If you intend to replace the sensors anyway you might consider just getting the regular IQ Panel 2 Plus and use Qolsys S-Line encrypted sensors. It would cost less.