Firmware Update issue

I tried updating my firmware over the weekend, but the updater never recognized my panel being plugged in to the update cable. I’ve done updates in the past with no issue, but the PC I’m now using has windows 8 on it. I can’t imagine that being the problem since the drivers installed ok and I was able to get the correct com port assigned. Last update I did was on a windows 7 box.

The thing that I notice is odd with my panel is that the 4 pin connector doesn’t have a tab on it like the directions say and if I remember correctly, the slots on the update cable face away from the cell module which is how I have the cable facing.

I watched the video again and see nothing that I did different than what I just watched.

Is this is GC2 or GC3? On the GC3 you can just stick in a USB stick, and it works from Macs despite saying it doesn’t.

GC2. Guess I should have mentioned that, sorry.

To verify:

Was the update software started prior to connecting the cable to the panel and was the cable plugged into the panel prior to the panel being powered on?

What is the current version of your firmware and what version are you upgrading to?

Cable was connected to the panel prior to being powered on. I started the update software and then powered the panel on (battery first, main power second).

Current version is 1.13 and upgrading to 1.16

The thing that I notice is odd with my panel is that the 4 pin connector doesn’t have a tab on it like the directions say and if I remember correctly, the slots on the update cable face away from the cell module which is how I have the cable facing.

Are you referring to the physical pins on the panel itself? If so and the guide tab is broken that may be the issue. The slots on the cable face toward the module. A vertical guide tab should keep you from being able to insert it the opposite direction.

Yes, the guide tab is broken/missing from my panel. So, the slots on the cable face the cell phone module?

I attached a picture with an arrow facing the way the update cable pin slots should face. Away from the battery and towards the module?

1-3-2017-12-55-50-PM.jpg

Yes, slotted side toward the module.

Thanks Jason! I flipped the cable around and everything updated with no issue. I wrote down in my notes on which way the cable faces since the guide slot is missing for some reason.