Firmware update issue

can still run the re-flash program for version 1.14 without any problems and the screen does show up and i can reflash again with no problems (but only to 1.14)

That is because I bet 2GIG updated the drivers/software package in 1.14, where there still exists a compatibility issue with 1.13 (and possibly older versions).

once you run 1.13 setup on another pc, or recover/reset your current one, follow the directions I posted for running the setup with the compatibility error screen (if Win10…though I have seen the same issue occur in Win8.1).

If when you plug in the USB update cable, and then click the edited shortcut, and you do not get a popup screen like the one below, Then your CDM setup is corrupted , failed, or otherwise did not install correctly. There is no way I am aware of to resolve it short of a reinstallation of Windows, or simply using another PC

Please note that if you have not run a prior version of the firmware update program, please just attempt to run the Driver Setup for 1.13.

Again, On a Windows 7 PC which previously only ran 1.14 updates, it was necessary to run the 1.13 setup prior to using the software shortcut. I did this just recently.

The issues you are describing may be valid to windows 10.

If this does not work, of course running on a different PC is an easy next step.

Jason…

did you see previous post?

is there any point to updating from 1.14 to 1.14.1? what is the change log?

Not finding a bulletin on 1.1401 yet. Latest is still same 1.14 document.

Yes, I am running it on a windows 10 computer. I’ll attempt the update on a different computer. Will re-flashing down to 1.9.6 keep my settings?

So far, we’ve tested it going down to 1.13, but I would imagine you are likely to see the same issue. I think it has to do with the types of changes that 1.14 makes.

It may make more sense to try to flash 1.14.01 first as that does not based on testing affect programming.

No luck with flashing to 1.14.01, as the control panel is still not powering on. Will try flashing to 1.13 when I can get to another computer.

How long are you waiting after plugging in power supply? Also, make sure you do not power down if the home and emergency buttons start flashing intermittently with the screen still dark, this indicates an OTA update is going on. I also noticed a delay to when some of our panels first powered up after an update.

Also keep in mind the vivint branded panels, are running custom firmware variant. the only ones having this issue as far as I know, are those trying to upgrade locked out Vivint panels where the firmware is not GoControl OEM

Maybe some of the sectors are not being properly overwritten. When you connect the update cable for 1.14/1.14.0.1, does the screen popup say “GoControl” or “vivint”?

Since going from 1.14 to 1.13 seems to wipe all programming and reset panel, it is possible this is allowing those sectors to be overwritten to default Gocontrol when 1.13 is subsequently flashed.

edited above post

I try to leave it plugged in for a couple minutes due to the delays that I had previously had. I had made sure not to power down while there are any flashing buttons or lights.

After plugging in the cable and initiating the reflash the popup screen says Vivint per the attached picture.

Capture.jpg

Resetting the panel to default programming/GoControl firmware is your best bet (flash 1.13).

I think that the vivint firmware variant is the issue, updating the firmware leaves certain sectors untouched, this could be by design, or fluke.

Normally, even if you had the panel unlocked via ADC Airfx (replacement of cell module), the panel undergoes a OTA update that reprovisions the panel, which requires firmware 1.9.6. Anything above 1.9.6 isn’t supported by Vivint.

I would probably assume this to be the issue as well.

It would make sense as something not tested prior by 2GIG, 1.14 on a panel with proprietary variant (that would not normally otherwise be updated to that firmware).

Would lend reasoning as to why reflashing 1.13 allows it to then be updated normally as it is otherwise not an incremental update.

I was able to flash the panel back to V1.13 and it has now powered back on. I did not lose any of my original alarm/zone settings. thanks very much for your help

I suppose I should now flash to V1.14 or V1.14.0.1? When I run the V1.14.0.1 flash program, the pop-up window still shows Vivint, so I did not go through with the flash. Is this a problem or will it affect anything that I’m trying to do with the panel? Thanks again

I suppose I should now flash to V1.14 or V1.14.0.1? When I run the V1.14.0.1 flash program, the pop-up window still shows Vivint, so I did not go through with the flash. Is this a problem or will it affect anything that I’m trying to do with the panel?

Interesting. If it still says vivint, then it is still locked out, and on the variant firmware. It didn’t reset panel to default.

Did you go from 1.14.01 to 1.13, or 1.14? Perhaps you need to flash 1.14, then reflash 1.13? Strange that it defaults and resets a locked out GoControl , but not a locked Vivint firmware variant.

See if you can access Q44 & Q45 using 2203, if so, set them to ‘0’. If you are lucky, the lockout timer reset and you have 48 hours to default the lockout.

Try flashing to 1.14 or 1.14.01 curious to see if works properly going from 1.13. My guess is either it will, or the same thing will happen that happened before, and you will have to go back to 1.13 and have the panel unlocked via Airfx and reprovisioned OTA, then you can flash to 1.14/1.14.01.

Either way, it sounds like you may have to have panel unlocked via Airfx.

Once you do, optimize the Vivint panel programming Q’s, and fully enable panel:

Interesting. If it still says vivint, then it is still locked out, and on the variant firmware. It didn’t reset panel to default.

Did you go from 1.14.01 to 1.13, or 1.14? Perhaps you need to flash 1.14, then reflash 1.13? Strange that it defaults and resets a locked out GoControl , but not a locked Vivint firmware variant.

See if you can access Q44 & Q45 using 2203, if so, set them to ‘0’. If you are lucky, the lockout timer reset and you have 48 hours to default the lockout.

Try flashing to 1.14 or 1.14.01 curious to see if works properly going from 1.13. My guess is either it will, or the same thing will happen that happened before, and you will have to go back to 1.13 and have the panel unlocked via Airfx and reprovisioned OTA, then you can flash to 1.14/1.14.01.

If the Cell Phone Test has not been run or the panel not yet connected to our service, OTA provisioning would not happen. Please make sure to run your cell phone test to kick-start connection.

In this case, it looks like this account did run a cell phone test subsequent to the last post and provisioning was completed.

Yes, the cell phone test was run and everything is working now. Will update to 1.14.0.1 fairly soon. Thanks all for your help.