Firmware Question

Hello I have the original go control panel, I think it is a 2GIG-CP21-345…I am running version 1.10…Can you tell me what the most current firmware version is. Also, what is the panel I have referred to as, I see the G2 and G3 referred to often in the forums.

thanks

The latest firmware version for the Go!Control Panel (or GC2) is 1.17.03. You can find the firmware update cable here, as well as a link to download the firmware file.

Also, what is the panel I have referred to as, I see the G2 and G3 referred to often in the forums.

Good question, happy to help. The GC3 is a completely different panel model.

There are some functional differences between the Go!Control and the GC2, but they are the same basic alarm panel.

The easiest way to tell whether you have a Go!Control or GC2 is to look at the labeling under the physical emergency button on the face plate. Is the word emergency spelled out? Or does it have three symbols? (Badge, flame, cross)

If it has the work emergency spelled out it is the older Go!Control. If it has symbols, it is a GC2. Both use the same firmware files.

Thanks Jason…After checking the panel according to your email, I have the symbols, so a GC2. Would you recommend the update from 1.10 to 1.17.03. Panel works fine, just haven’t done an update in awhile.

There are a great number of changes and updates between the versions. It is never a bad idea to stay up to date.

Z-wave network command improvements, device compatibility with some Schlage locks, Go!Bridge, increase total available zones by 12, etc., among other additions were included in the intervening firmware versions.

If you have TS1s their corresponding firmware would just be 1.16. There is no 1.17 for TS1s.

Great thank you, I will update then…

One last thing. Can you send me a link to the file I need to download. There is a entire list and one says 1.17.03 the other says newest. Not sure which one and for which panel…

Those are all for 2GIG. 1.17.03 or the Newest link should get you the same download.

Here is a direct link.

Thanks again Jason