FireFighter SLX-AD-T3 with Fire Verification on IQ Panel 4

I’m confused about Fire Verification. The documentation for the FireFighter states that it will notify the panel immediately but central monitoring will only be notified after 1 minute if Fire Verify is enabled. The documentation for IQ Panel 4 states:

When enabled, panel requires two fire events from smoke
detector (one detector twice or two detectors once each)

With my setup, I have 3 smoke detectors connected together. If one goes off, the other two will go off. So how is it possible that two different events could trigger the FireFighter? If 1 minute is required then that would do it but the IQ Panel doesn’t mention this feature that the FireFighter does.

How am I to understand this?

Fire Verification on the Qolsys panel is a global setting, not an individual sensor option like for 2GIG. I generally don’t recommend it unless you are having false alarm problems.

The panel manual is referencing devices that communicate with the panel. If you have 3 interconnected smoke detectors monitored by a Firefighter, you have one fire detection device on the panel. That device would need to trip twice.

Thanks for the response Jason! I understand now. I do have a quick but unimportant question. It seems curious to me the idea of waiting for a fire alarm to trip twice? I imagine a situation where there is a real fire… I would imagine the fire alarm would go off and just keep going off… is there any expectation that an alarm would go off… stop and then start again? Perhaps this is expected if alarms are time limited even in the event of an emergency so they would effectively go off every X minutes…

Yes, since it is a global setting and due to the way it is set up, I would not enable it if you only have one device. The only circumstance where I would recommend using verification on IQ Panel is if you have multiple detectors and a history of false alarm issues on them.

On 2GIG, if the sensor remains in alarm for 30 seconds, that also is treated as a verified alarm. This is not the case per Qolsys.