False motion alarm

Have had 3 or 4 false alarms from motion detector. All at different times. No people or animals in the house. Have checked the room and nothing appears out of normal.

General first troubleshooting considerations for motion detector false alarms are found here:

Thanks Jason, this has been mounted in the same location since we have had the system with no issues. None of those listed are the issue.

Looks like you have multiple motion detectors, is that correct? I would recommend swapping locations of the problem sensor with one of the other motion detectors.

Does the problem remain at the same location, new sensor? Or does the problem follow the sensor to the new location?

If the latter, I would probably recommend replacing that sensor. If the former, there is an environmental cause.

Jason finally made it to the house to check on sensor. I replaced the battery and have not had an issue since. If I rember correctly these usually give a low battery warning, however this one did not.

Correct, they will trigger a warning when they get too low. Was there any debris/dust on the lens?

No debris or dust, just changed the battery and the false alarms stopped, however it never sent low battery warnings.

Its possible that it was borderline low but a low battery warning would be expected. How old is the sensor, is it pointed towards any windows or mounted near any hvac vents?