False Alarm with 2GIG Motion Detector

I had an alarm from a motion detector go off erroneously. The 2gig system has been installed for approximately 2 years. Might the original batteries of the motion detector need replacing and would low batteries for motion detectors cause the faulty alarm? Also, do the motion detectors provide a warning when the batteries are low (similar to the thermostat battery notice I received)?

Thank you

While records do not indicate the motion detector in question has a low battery, it is certainly possible for a borderline low battery to cause issues. Especially if the batteries involved are the original batteries, depending on use. When the batteries are low enough they will produce a low battery warning.

If you have a mulitmeter you will want to test the batteries to see how many volts they produce.

Some other issues to look at:

• Placement and field of view, is the motion detector in question near any vents? The blowing air can activate them.
  • Small pets? They can often set off motion detectors, especially cats.

I do have a multimeter…what voltage/amperage should I be looking for as a minimum for the motion sensor batteries?

New CR123A Lithium batteries will read over 3V. What is the voltage currently reading? What about the date code on the battery?