Factory Defaulting 2GIG G2 Panel Issue

Hard reset for 2GIG Go Control to factory reset does not clear system log/history. The installer and master password only reset to default codes.

Factory Reset does not remove system history. That information cannot be cleared.

Out of curiosity, what firmware version are you running?

Called 2GIG . They said the opposite. No consensus. Surprised there is no way to remove history if someone wants to sell panel and factory default. My firmware version is 1.101. I guess it doesn’t matter what version you have.

I have tested this on GC2e 1.21 and 2GIG techs tested this on the phone with me on a GC2 @ 1.19.3.1 with the same resolution.

Factory Reset does not clear history nor does history get cleared when you navigate to Installer Toolbox > Restore Defaults.

If you are on 1.10 (relatively old firmware) and the history doesnt clear, it may never have.

I did pass this on as a feature request to 2GIG representatives as it is a feature not without merit but no word on if/when that could be implemented.

Thank you very much ! I am planning to get the latest firmware version. It would be nice to get this feature implemented in the near future.

You can find patch notes for Go!Control/GC2 firmware below. 1.19.3.1 is the most recent .

https://support.suretyhome.com/t/firmware-release-information-gc2/2471/7