Exsisting system/changing owners

I just purchased a home that has this system installed, and the prior owner has left all of the camera’s in the home, but how do I make sure that he no longer has access to the system and to the camera’s via his app??? It concerns me as he had everything hooked up via the app, but I am not familiar with how everything works.

I just purchased a home that has this system installed, and the prior owner has left all of the camera’s in the home, but how do I make sure that he no longer has access to the system and to the camera’s via his app???

Alarm.com video cameras communicate with the Alarm.com back-end via internet, not the alarm panel cellular connection. Unless the internet networking equipment (router, access points, etc.) and ISP service were left intact for some reason during the move, they would not be accessible unless you had re-added them to your network.

If there is reason to believe access is still available, you can unplug them and power them down.

suretyDIY is a month to month DIY Alarm.com service provider. Upon moving and leaving equipment, users should cancel their service subscription, which would delete their access credentials for the Alarm.com app and free up the existing equipment to be used with a new account.

The alarm panel functions on a cellular connection to Alarm.com. You can confirm whether the panel is connected to service still by using this check tool here. It will show as unregistered if not in use.

You would just input the Alarm.com communication module number found on the panel. If you post a photo of the alarm panel here or know the panel model we can provide instruction where to find that number.

You can also email customerservice@suretyDIY.com for more information.

awesome!! Thank you so much for your information about the system and it sounds like I should be ok, but I will be going to the home tonight and will take a photo of the panel and post it so it can be reviewed. I am so not a tech person, so hoping I can figure all of this stuff out! At my prior home I had another system that was self-installed, but I took everything with me, but this system is more involved so I thought I would go ahead and keep everything in place since the camera’s are up in several locations of the home. The prior owner did tell me that he took the DVR with him and I know I have my own internet service being installed today.