Existing alarm.com XTi user new to suretyCAM

Hi everyone. Longtime alarm.com user via XT system via another dealer (gasp). Just came across you guys via some of Ryan’s old posts on another forum and glad I did. I recently purchased a new XTi panel to use with my existing gear and wondering, a) if you provide service to XTi panels? b) sell XTI Verizon modules. If we get past that, I have a few other things I’d like to work out, like if alarm.com provides the ability to monitor energy usage (like with Aeon Labs DSB09104-ZWUS).

Thanks!

Hi there,

Absolutely. We can monitor all Alarm.com compatible systems, including XT/XTi. But, our online store currently offers only 2GIG and Qolsys compatible equipment, so we do not have the XTi Verizon module listed. Yes, Alarm.com provides the ability to monitor energy usage. This thread might be useful in understanding what it entails.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can help you tackle any other questions.

Thanks for the quick reply Amanda. I had actually stumbled across that thread separately. I noticed that Ryan mentioned using 2GIG equipment for energy monitoring. Is that the only option, or would the XTi work since it is also Z-Wave compatible?

The XTi should work. The z-wave controller for Interlogix panels is actually in the Alarm.com module and supports all Alarm.com features (as long as the firmware in the module is updated/new enough to include energy management feature).

Awesome! Assuming you could update the firmware remotely should I just pick up a 600-1048-XT-ZX-VZ and get in touch to activate or would it be easier to order from you? I don’t see PM functionality here, but feel free to email me directly. Thanks!

You can update the Alarm.com firmware, which would include the z-wave compatibility, remotely. When you’re ready to order service, you can order and check out via the online store. This is the product page for Gold Interactive service, which includes z-wave features. The order process will take you to a survey for you to fill out with any needed information for creating your accounts, including the cellular communicator number. Energy Management is a $2 add on to Gold Interactive service.