Exclude Motion Sensor from Away

I have an IQ Panel 2 (not +). I just recently got a dog, and I don’t think he trips the motion sensors, but I want to be 100% sure before I ever Arm Away with the motion sensors activated. As a result, I’ve been using Arm Stay even when I’m away, but that has the drawback of not allowing bluetooth on my phone to disarm my panel.

I would effectively like to temporarily set the motion sensors to only function for automation rules, not for alarms. That way when I’m gone, I can still set up rules to test if my dog triggers either motion sensor, and I don’t have to worry about him setting off the alarm and getting the police to show up and traumatizing my dog with the siren. And I still get the benefit of having rules tied to my Motion Sensors for when we’re home.

Is this feature possible? Is there some workaround? Even if that means reinstalling my motion sensors as some other device for the time being until I’m confident my dog never trips them?

What type motion do u have can u take a photo of it what I usual recommend as far my personal experience is move the motion detector down to about 4ft off the floor and turn it upside down so that it will look across and up and not down only other thing I could recommend beside that which will cost money is either place window/shock sensors so that the windows r protected or add glass breaks

I would effectively like to temporarily set the motion sensors to only function for automation rules, not for alarms. That way when I’m gone, I can still set up rules to test if my dog triggers either motion sensor, and I don’t have to worry about him setting off the alarm and getting the police to show up and traumatizing my dog with the siren. And I still get the benefit of having rules tied to my Motion Sensors for when we’re home

Yep, you can do this by changing the Sensor Group in that sensor’s programming to Group 25. This will send activity to ADC and allow you to set up notifications but will never alarm.

Thank you Charlie for the creative workaround, and Jason for the solution that I decided to implement. Sensor group 25 was exactly the type of solution I was looking for!