DSC to 2GIG

I had service with suretyDIY but had to cancel when I moved. I took the old 2GIG system with me. The house I moved into has a DSC system in it. I had problems with the wireless smoke detectors giving false alarms, so is it possible to use the hardwired fire detectors with the 2GIG system? Or am I limited to one system or the other? What would I need to do to start service again?

Unfortunately, hardwired smoked detectors (that is, low voltage smokes connected to an existing alarm system) will not be usable with your 2GIG system.

That said, do check to see if you have instead interconnected hardwired high voltage smoke detectors (AC 120(110)) because if this is the case, you can use the Firefighter smoke alarm detector, which does not itself detect smoke, but relies on the hardwired unit to sound, initiating the alarm.

To use the other wired sensors of the existing system, a Takeover Module is needed.

If your DSC system uses a number of wireless sensors, you can use a Resolution Products wireless translator.

To order service you’ll need to purchase your preferred service from our online store. Gold Interactive and Basic Interactive features are shown here.

You’ll pick the desired service, add to your cart by clicking on “Sign Up Now” and then when ready to purchase whatever you’ve selected and added to your cart, through the purchase process you will be taken to a survey where you’ll enter and submit the information we need to create your accounts. This information was previously captured via a “paper” “contract”. You’ll get an emailed receipt with a link to your survey. If you need to come back to it later, just remember you’ll have to be signed into www.suretyDIY.com to access the personal link.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know.