Doorbell rings on IQ Panel 2 many, many times - VDB770

Last week my VDB770 doorbell started ringing the IQ Panel 2 about 10 times in rapid succession each time someone presses the call button. My phones receive only a single notification sound, but for some reason, I can’t stop the cacophony of noise on the panel itself. Any idea how to remedy this?

new 2.6.1 FW update address some doorbell issues.

Do you have partitions and the lock screen enabled?

I would recommend updating firmware like the user here suggested. Here are instructions.

Sorry for the delay - I updated to the latest firmware, but I’m still receiving multiple chimes on the panel.

Not sure about partitions or the Lock Screen. Can you tell me about these features, and how to disable them?

If u have partitions or Lock Screen enabled u can disable them by going in programming using 2222 or 1111 I can’t Remember exactly where it’s at but I know it’s in programming

Have you tried removing and reconnecting the device notifications to the panel?

Click Video.
Click Settings.
Click Stream Video to Security Panel Screen.

Do you have a unique SSID for your 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands or do they use the same SSID?

I have disabled “Stream Video to Security Panel” - as well as sending any sort of notifications at all. Strangely, the panel STILL chimes about 7-8 times when the button is pressed.

I have unique names / SSIDs for my 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands. All the smart home devices (including the doorbell and panel) are on the 2.4Ghz band. Any more ideas?

I have disabled “Stream Video to Security Panel” - as well as sending any sort of notifications at all. Strangely, the panel STILL chimes about 7-8 times when the button is pressed.

That is very odd. If you power cycle the panel and the doorbell does that continue?

Power cycle didn’t work - but I performed a factory reset and re-added the device to my account and now it seems to be working! Thanks Jason!

I too would like to change the behavior of my panel when a person approaches and perhaps rings my ADC-VDB770.

At first, I also was getting multiple rings, but then determined that it was one ring when the person approached and a second ring when that person physically rang the bell. Often these rings happened in such quick succession on my panel that it sounded like multiple rings for a single event.

Anyway, here’s what I would like to change: I want to be notified, at my panel, when the VDB770 detects a person, but I do not want the notification sound to be a doorbell ring. I’ve two dogs that are sensitized to doorbell rings; when they hear the chime they run to the door barking. Such, for me, is desirable behavior. What is not desirable is that they run to the door barking every time a person walks by or approaches, and as it is now they are doing such because the panel chimes a doorbell ring for such events. Too, I’ve a mechanical doorbell chime, a brand new one, that works very well; it is loud enough to hear throughout the house. I do not want, nor need, a second chime sounding a second later, and sounding much like first, at the panel when a person presses the VDB770 button.

So, can I change the panel chime sound for my VDB770 when a person is detected, and silence it when a person presses the doorbell button? I can change, or turn off, chime sounds for all my other security sensors, but I’ve not found where to do such for the VDB770.

1 Like

Those settings aren’t found in the panel, but you should be able to stop either the button pushed or motion depending on how you want it set up by logging into the Alarm.com website and navigating to Video > Settings > Video Device Info for the camera.

There you will find send motion notifications to the panel and send button pushed notifications to the panel. Disable the button pushed option and it should work as you intend.

I don’t believe the notification chime can be altered, other than volume. That can be found under Settings > Advanced Settings > Sound > Beeps and Chimes under the volume selector.

Thanks Jason. I was aware of those settings on the ADC Website, but I don’t want to turn notifications off. I want them on, just without the sound, or with a different sound.

I guess I could turn off the mechanical chime on the Video > Settings > Video Device Info for the VDB770 page, so I don’t get two chimes, one mechanically and one on the panel, when the VDB770 button is pressed. But, I like the mechanical chime sound much better than the digital chime sound on the panel. Too, the mechanical chime is louder and carries throughout the house; the panel chime does not. I did note something interesting on this setting page though: If I leave the drop-down set at “Mechanical Chime” and then uncheck the “Indoor Chime” setting (hoping it will just disable the panel doorbell chime) just below, it disables my mechanical chime; after saving, going to another page, then returning to the VDB770 Device Info page, the drop-down has been changed, and not by me, from “Mechanical” to “None”.

That’s a global setting, correct? If I slide the volume down there it will lower the panel volume for all beeps and chimes.

I don’t want to turn notifications off. I want them on, just without the sound, or with a different sound.

I see, that wouldn’t be possible at this time, but I am happy to forward that as a request.

That’s a global setting, correct? If I slide the volume down there it will lower the panel volume for all beeps and chimes.

Yes, that is global for all such sounds.

Thank you!

Otherwise, I think I just accidentally replicated what Harry was experiencing with multiple doorbell chimes at the panel. My settings are at “Mechanical Chime”, “Indoor Chime” checked, “Outdoor Tone” checked, “Send motion notifications to panel” checked, and Send button pushed notifications to panel" UNCHECKED. When I reach my arm out the door (don’t want to trigger a “person” notification) and press the button, my panel sounds the doorbell chime eight times in a row. Wow! I hope I don’t end up having to factory reset my panel!

When I reach my arm out the door (don’t want to trigger a “person” notification) and press the button, my panel sounds the doorbell chime eight times in a row. Wow! I hope I don’t end up having to factory reset my panel!

I believe the user was referencing the doorbell with the factory reset, not the panel. The panel is just receiving notification messages from the doorbell.

If you check send button press again does it revert to the previous one chime?

Between the time that this 8 chimes started and now, I just left things sit, hoping the system would settle things out on its own. It didn’t. Tested again, without changing anything: 8 chimes. Rechecked the button press and saved. Now I’m getting 5 chimes. Progress?

Alright, I am going to send a couple commands. Please wait about 10 minutes, then try again. Let me know.

If you continue to get multiple chimes the quickest fix would be resetting the doorbell it seems.

I am sending ADC that combo of settings and reporting this issue on your account. Did it occur immediately following you disabling button press notifications? As in it never worked as expected after disabling them?

Thanks! I will. Haven’t checked yet.

Should I delete/remove the VDB770 from my ADC account after factory reset and before I attempt to add it back? Or, since the same account, can I skip that?

I was playing, trying different combinations. Changing Chime type to “None” then back to “Mechanical”, unchecking then checking “Indoor Chime”… I was thinking that maybe I should just disable button press notifications, as I’m getting analytics person notifications (don’t like the doorbell chime at the panel for these, but oh well). So, if my panel allows me to “answer” a person notification, which it does, and the mechanical chime rings, then I don’t need a button push notification at the panel to answer. That’s about the time I unchecked the button press option and the 8 chimes started.

Nothing has changed. In settings, all options are checked, and Mechanical Chime selected. Button push = mechanical chime rings and 5 chimes sound on the panel (these chimes kinda overlap, as da-ding-dong-donga-ding-ding-donga-ding-dong, and not 5 consecutive, definitive chimes, if that matters).

I’ll wait until tomorrow to do anything more.

Should I delete/remove the VDB770 from my ADC account after factory reset and before I attempt to add it back? Or, since the same account, can I skip that?

Yes, delete that cam, factory reset, then re-add. That should take care of it. This appears to be a bug in the application of the setting in the camera.

1 Like