Door shows incorrect status

My alarm is showing that “Front door is Open” when it is actually closed! I had to bypass front door for now. What do I do?

A number of things might cause this.

1. Check that the magnet and or sensor were not moved, or that the magnetic gap is 1/2 inch or less.
  2. Is this a metal door? Signals can be weakened by a metal surface and the close signal may not have reached the panel. In this circumstance relocating the panel, elevating the sensor a bit off the metal, or adding a repeater can help.
  3. Has this sensor reported a low battery?

In order for me to set the alarm at night I have to bypass the front door. What do I need to do to fix this?

Also, how do I order and install video cameras?

Have you checked the suggestions in the previous response?

One other possibility is an incorrect zone loop.

For example: a DW20R recessed wireless sensor should be loop 1 in programming.
A DW10 thin door window contact should be loop 2 (unless using it as a transmitter with a wired contact)

Alarm.com Video cameras available to order through suretyDIY are found starting here.

They would require Cloud Video service be added to your Alarm.com interactive account. Service plan add ons can be found here.

The base level of cloud video is $5/month and allows up to four cameras.

To add this to an existing account, please email customerservice@suretyDIY.com.

Its a wood door and the gap is fine.Is there a battery that might need replaced in the sensor at the door? I see there is a little area at bottom of white door sensor that looks like it can be opened?

Its a wood door and the gap is fine.Is there a battery that might need replaced in the sensor at the door? I see there is a little area at bottom of white door sensor that looks like it can be opened?

Where do I find our if battery is low and how do I change it?

That would depend on the sensor. It looks like this one may be a DW10-345. See below.

Can you confirm the model of the sensor?