Device Malfunction Question

I was wondering how ADC decides that a device has malfunctioned? I just recently redid all of my Z-Wave network to a new controller that has more functionality than the old 2Gig GC2 that I own, but after 24 hours it now reports that the controller has malfunctioned, but the GC2 does not have any yellow ! marks in the Z-Wave screen, and the devices all work and are controllable. I have been working with the manufacture of the controller to try and figure out what was going on and they seem to think this is related to ADC and not Z-Wave network issues.

I have been working with the manufacture of the controller to try and figure out what was going on and they seem to think this is related to ADC and not Z-Wave network issues

If you add the alarm panel as a secondary controller, note that ADC cannot control and may not get accurate status from the incompatible primary controller. In most circumstances it will just show up in the device list as a normal device, but depending on firmware/panel type/controller type inconsistencies can exist.

Is the primary controller a portable remote? Is it a USB stick connected to a computer? If it ever powers off it will show as a malfunctioning device because it cannot be polled.

In large part, a “malfunction” reported for the primary controller is irrelevant because ADC does not send commands through it, only through your alarm panel.