I recently purchased a new home and am planning to install a 2Gig system with SuretyDIY monitoring. I have a few questions regarding my design. Here are the components I think I need:
- 2Gig Quick Start Kit w/ AT&T Module
- 7 additional window/door sensors
- Honeywell 5898
I am planning to use the included 2gig motion sensor in the basement which has 2 windows. I would like this sensor to be active in Stay mode as the basement has 2 ground accessible windows. I am planning to use the Honeywell 5898 in our main entry/stairway area. It is a split level so anyone entering through the exterior doors or first floor windows would need to pass through this space to access the bedrooms and living room.
My questions are:
- We have a 70lb dog. Is the Honeywell 5898 an appropriate sensor to use with a larger dog? He has free roam of the house when we’re not home.
- Is it possible to leave the 2gig motion sensor active at night? Our dog does not have access to this space so I am not concerned about false alarms.
- What are the best sensors and placement for double hung windows? I was planning to use the resolution mighty mouse wherever possible but wasn’t sure if this is the best option for a double hung window.
- Do I need sensors on a casement window? Our living room window is similar to this: http://www.newpro.com/fc_images/TripleCasement455x490_4.jpg
Thanks for any assistance you can provide.