CT100 Difficulty

I have a business account with you. I have 4 CT100 thermostats. Some are working correctly, some are not. I supplied the thermostats. The HVAC guys say it’s a programming problem.

1. The units run on electricity and have a heat pump to supplement the electricity when it’s cold. The manual tabs on each thermostat are set to Electricity and Heat Pump, yet when I login to Alarm.com and look at the Installer settings they are all set to Fossil and Normal… and they are greyed out. I’d like to move the tab to Electric and Heat Pump (as selected on the devices themselves). How do I fix this?

2. The registers associated with one of the thermostats is 61’ even though heat is selected and the target temp is 72’. This is programmed via the app and shows on the Thermostat itself. The room physically cools with the heat on. When I turn off the heat, the room gets warmer.

3. In one of the other zones (a different thermostat) the air coming or of the registers is 71’ and in the other two it’s in the 80’s. These seem to be functioning fine. The one that was 71’ may have been adjusted by the HVAC guys.

So… do you think Alarm.combis not communicating properly with the thermostats? The fact that they accept the target temp suggests the connection is there, but why is the air coming out cool? All of the thermostats are wired the same way. I’m at a loss.

Also, I have the jumper between Rh and Rc. I’d that necessary? If not should I wire straight to Rh or Rc?

Thanks!

Hello, yes it sounds like the issue is that the thermostats are not set as heat pump, so the changeover (O/B) wire is not being used.

This is unfortunately due to the model and the account age. The CT100 has been discontinued and Alarm.com ended support for that model on all accounts created after 2018. See this thread for details.

See the Alarm.com ecosystem page for officially supported devices.

So it looks like I need 4 new thermostats :worried:. I already got 2 of the alarm.com thermostats for my house from you. Any chance I could get a volume discount since it looks like I’m going to have to pick up another 4 of them?

Unfortunately no, I cannot offer a discount on product purchases at this time.

Jason…

I reset the CT100 thermostats by holding the reset button for a couple seconds and then letting go. It went through some type of reboot sequence, and once that was done, “heat pump” now lights up on screen… and when the heat turns on… heat actually comes out of the registers! No way!

But now I have another question. The thermostats have the modes Off, Cool, Auto Cool, Heat and Auto Heat, yet when I’m on the a.com app or website, I only have access to Heat, Cool and Off. How do I reactivate Auto mode on the a.com app and/or website?

Looks like you currently have schedules turned on for all of those. Turn off schedules for one of them, then check if you can select auto mode.