Commercial Building

I recently purchased a commercial building that has an alarm system installed. The seller cancelled his service so now I’d like to activate my own. Can I pay for a simple alarm service through you that maintains the perimeter of the building and then later upgrade to a full smart system? The interior of the building will undergo construction over the next 7-9 months but I’d like to maintain some security. Once the construction is done I’ll move my other business into the building and I’ll need a more robust alarm system at that point.

Can u post of a photo of the system currently installed keypad sensors etc I’d recommend installing a qolsys system there made to actual protect commercial buildings so u could put the system in now and use it even when u open ur business in the building later

Ok. I’ll take a photo tonight. The problem is we are under contract at the old location but will need to maintain the security if both places until we move over. With that, I might not be able to leave the other company for a while (I do t know when the contract ends).

Ok just thought hopefully can use the old system but depending on the panel installed might not be able to

Get Surety with your DSC Powerseries | Surety this device here should work so that u can use the existing system for the current time

That’s a dsc powerseries panel

Hey, those images are of the panel’s keypad. To know all options we would need to know the panel model number and age.

Can you take a photo of the labels inside the metal alarm panel can? In a commercial setting this would typically be found in a utility room.

I’ll go check it out at lunch.

Please let me know if the photos posted above are what you need. Since the panel is labeled a PC1832 it looks like the linked adapter will work.

Question: If I only want to maintain simple functionality, do I need to get the adapter?

I ask because I plan to get the IQ2+ panel once we move in so getting the adapter would be a waste, but I’d prefer to not get the IQ2+ until we’re about to move in.

Yes, that is correct that is indeed a standard Powerseries panel that can be used with the Alarm.com System Enhancement Module here.

Yes, that module would be needed to use the current panel. All service through Surety uses Alarm.com, which requires an Alarm.com cellular communicator.

1 Like