Combining systems

You have two “front door” sensors as I mentioned earlier and one of them is listed as “perimeter”. You’ll need to change the programming on the second “front door” thin door/window to program it (assuming that is the sensor in question here) to “entry/exit 1”. This video may be useful on how to do so.

As opposed to programming it as a window or a “perimeter” sensor that will set off the alarm and not allow entry or exit during arming and disarming.

SO- right now on the 2Gig panel- it shows a yellow warning… Garage Entry Door (open). I went to that door, opened it, and the panel gave an audible alerting that the door had been opened. It shouldn’t give an audible sound if it thinks it’s ALREADY open, correct?

So I closed it- and the panel STILL shows it as open. Got me thinking… could I possibly have ANOTHER sensor in the pile of unused sensors, labeled as Garage Entry Door, that the 2Gig is picking up instead?

I believe Amanda mentioned that there’s multiple sensors with the same name currently showing? Is that ONE of the problems???

AHHH- OK. SO- I probably need to go in, and make sure all windows are set as perimeters, as well as doors set as entry/exit. That’s probably the rest of the issues right there. Let me try that and report back. I’ll probably re-name a couple sensors while I’m at it so it’s not as confusing… I’ll probably have to do this in the morning as I don’t want the kiddos getting woken up with my testing :wink:

Thank you!

You can see the list of sensors by scrolling through your programming in the panel, but also by looking under the “sensors” subtab under “security” on your Alarm.com account. Although you don’t have any other pure repeats in addition to the two “front door” sensors, it seems you have 4 sensors programmed that include the words “garage” and “entry”.

Amanda-
Is there any way to look at those sensors and tell if they are programmed for THIS system, or the other 2 systems I had? All the systems, the current one and the other 2 I’m not using, are sitting here next to me. Is there a possibility that it’s picking up ones that were programmed for a different system, but still within range of this one?

What it seems to be happening is that I took a window sensor- installed it on the front door, and didn’t change it from perimeter to entry/exit type (but I DID rename it to Front Door!) The ORIGINAL front door sensor is probably sitting in this pile next to me, along with a bunch of others not getting used, and getting picked up by the system.

I’ll re-test the ones in this pile, and see if I can find the other ‘front door’ sensor… and swap it out for the wrong one I’ve installed in it’s place…

Is there any way to look at those sensors and tell if they are programmed for THIS system, or the other 2 systems I had?

Yes.

You can see the list of sensors by scrolling through your programming in the panel, but also by looking under the "sensors" subtab under "security" on your Alarm.com account.

If its shown in those lists its a programmed sensor on the panel you are using for this account.

Is there a possibility that it's picking up ones that were programmed for a different system, but still within range of this one?

No. If its not a sensor programmed into the panel, it doesn’t matter where it is or what its doing, your panel won’t report on it.

Whew! That was a chore! I THINK I got it all named/configured correctly now… would you mind sending a sync command to the unit for me?

Otherwise- I’ll post back if there’s additional issues!
THANK YOU!!!