Cold Temp Control Panel

Hello,

I need to design a system for a cold weather environment. We have a warehouse in Chicago that is not heated, it gets below freezing in the winter. I found Honeywell 5816OD Outdoor Sensors, but I can’t find a control panel that’s rated under 32F. I’m thinking a touch pad panel is better than a touch screen for this environment, it looks like that’s what the last tenant of the warehouse did. Can anyone help me find a touch pad control panel that works with these sensors and with a smart phone app?

Thanks!

Derek

There is no climate controlled section of the building at all? Office? Something like that?

Honeywell proper does not manufacture Alarm.com compatible panels. The 2GIG panel is the only Honeywell sensor compatible panel out of the box.

In most circumstances, finding sensors that will work will be easier than finding a control panel that will.

With a more traditional panel with a metal enclosure such as an Interlogix Concord 4, you could install a small heating element in the metal can to avoid issues. Keypads are probably only rated to about 32 degrees.

Resolution Products Wireless Translators (so you can use the Honeywell Sensor you mentioned) are rated for 0-120 F.

No, unfortunately there’s no climate controlled area that we have access to. I was thinking about just getting a 2gig and making an insulated box around it, then adding a heating element if the insulation isn’t enough. We definitely want to have the smart phone apps for our phones, but I’m not sure which control panels that offer that will work with Alarm.com and an outdoor sensor. I’m having trouble determining what works with what, can you advise on a touch pad system package? If there’s nothing out there, I’ll just go with the touch screen at keep it warm. I’m a little over my head when it comes to the compatibility, wanted to make sure I check all bases first. Can you advise?

Thanks,

Derek

Alarm.com compatible panels are as follows:

2gig Go!Control
DSC Impassa
Interlogix Concord 4
Interlogix NX
Interlogix Simon 3
Interlogix Simon XT
Interlogix Simon XTi
Qolsys IQ Panel

Of those, the Concord 4 and Interlogix NX use push-button external keypads, not an all-in-one unit.

The signal translator from Resolution Products described in the above post would allow use of the Honeywell sensor you mentioned with any GE wireless protocol panel. GE Panels are below:

Interlogix Concord 4
Interlogix NX
Interlogix Simon 3
Interlogix Simon XT
Interlogix Simon XTi
Qolsys IQ Panel

All of the panels in this post have available Alarm.com cellular modules and are compatible with our service.