Clarification on "zones"

The 2GIG panel says it can accept 48 wireless zones.

Does this include things like smoke detectors, motion detectors, carbon monixide, glass break?

Or is this only counting wireless door and window switches?

Thanks

48 " RF sensor #'s" are the same as “zones” which includes" *smokes, CO, GB, Motions, Image Sensors, *Door/Window, leak detectors, Doorbells, etc.

*some sensors like the SMKT3, can use three zones each on a seperate loop (e.g., loop1 smoke, loop2 heat, loop3 freeze), and sensors like the DW10 can use two zones (loop1 and loop2).

Yes, things like smoke detectors, motion detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and glass break sensors would also be included in that 48.

How would you get to 48 zones? Unless you have a open/close sensor on every single window and door in your house and every outlet/switch was zwave as well and have a huge house I find it hard to see how you’d get to 48 devices.

Zwave devices do not count toward that total. 48 zones refers to 345 mhz sensor zones.

Keep in mind many sensors have multiple functions and each function typically uses a zone. 3 SMKT3 smoke detectors can use 9 zones. Add two flood/temp sensors and you’re at 15 zones. Add 10 windows with combined shock sensors and you have a total of 35 Zones. It can add up.

How would you get to 48 zones?

I have a small system with currently 23 zones including two secondary panels. Three of my smokes are SMKT2, if they were SMKT3, then I would have 30 zones.

3 DW20
12 DW10
3 SMKT2
2 PIR1
1 IMAGE1
1 TS1
1 PAD1

I don’t even have all my third floor windows secured yet, when I add the 6 DW10’s I will have 29 zones. I also plan to add a Smoke/heat/freeze to my mech room, laundry room, and a heat to my attached garage…36 zones.

If I replaced all my interconnected local CO/Ion smokes, and all the bedroom Ion Smokes with Photo heats… that’s another 6 SMKT3 for 12 more zones…48 zones.

I wouldn’t even have enough zones to add CO detectors to all three floors (which would put me at 51 zones).

A typical home alarm system has 6 to 8 zones but we DIYers often go the extra mile and really monitor our homes. Most of the traditional alarm company installers charge a lot to install more sensors.