Change from 2GIG to Qolsys Control Panel

I currently have a 2GIG control panel (old Version) that is given a radio transmission failure. I am told i need to upgrade it. I currently have approx 10 windows and door sensors, 2 smoke detectors, and 6 ZwAVE Light Switches programed in it. I am thinking about switching to the QOLSYS Control panel, as well as switching from my current security provider because of lack of support on the cellular issue, as well as other problems. I am currently registered on ALARM.com and would like to take advantage of the thermostat, water sensors, and other options that are available, but as I said, lack of my current support has made this quite difficult, even though the options are available to me, per my account info. (They said 3 weeks ago they would contact me back in 2 days about the cellular error and still no word) Is it possible to move these sensors to a new panel? Also, I would like to move my service to Surety. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Happy to assist!

That is correct, due to the 3G sunset by the end of 2022 panels will need to be upgraded to 4G LTE. Alarm.com is supporting 3G until the end of 2022 but you may notice signalling issues before that, as local infrastructure is reallocated.

2GIG Go!control panels use 345MHz sensors, these can be re-used with the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ with 345MHz radio QS9201-5208-840.

That panel would let you re-use Z-Wave devices and 345MHz sensors. If you have the 2GIG TS1 or Image Sensors, those could not be re-used.

You can purcahse the panel via the previous linke, this comes with a complimentary month of service (Surety Home) as well. This would result in a new Alarm.com account.

A programming guide for the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 w/ 345MHz radio can be found here:

Thank you. This is very helpful. But what is the procedure to get my current provider to release my acct. My email is associated with it and I really dont want to have to create another email address. Again, thanks.

We cannot provide guidance on cancelling an account through another provider, they will have their own cancel process. Please be sure to reach out to your provider for info on how to cancel.

Setting up an account with a new system or new 4G module with Surety will result in a new Alarm.com account. The only info which cannot be used on multiple accounts is the Alarm.com username, which must be unique. Your email address can be associated with multiple Alarm.com accounts, there is no issue there.

The panel was ordered today. Thanks so much for your help.