Cellular radio test timeout

I am trying to run a cellular connectivity test on my new Qolsys IQ 4 system but the test times out repeatedly even though it shows as connected with 2-3 bars of signal strength. I have an alarm.com account and everything else seems to be working fine. I tried rebooting and still get same result.
Any recommendations?

Looks like your panel is communicating via broadband. I can confirm that cell pings are not responding at the moment. The first thing I would do is update to the latest firmware version:

After the update allow 20 minutes or so then run a couple cell tests. Any change?

It says I have the most current version at v4.2.1. How can I update to v4.3.0?

Sorry didn’t see instructions in patch. downloading now.

Update completed. Restarted and waited 20+ minutes. Ran 4 tests and all timed out even though status shows the cell radio is connected with 3 bars.

Strangely cellular has a green check on the system check results list.

Can you try turning off wifi on the panel and forgetting the network, then reboot the panel, then after it boots up wait a few minutes and run a couple cell tests. Any change with broadband disconnected?

Still times out. Shows clear in the health check list but when I run the cell test it times out waiting for the CS response.

That is odd. Alright, let’s try this next: power off the panel. Settings > Advanced Settings > Power Down.

Leave it off for 1 hour, then boot it back up. Any change? If not I think a factory reset may be needed.

The Master Reset option is found using the dealer code (default 2222) and shown on page 38 of the manual.

It is possible that your local cellular towers for the network provider are having an issue right now and activation signals are having trouble going through. I do not see any wide reports of that though at this time.

EDIT 11/10/2023: Trouble reconnecting to the cell network was addressed in firmware 4.4.1, which should be applied if you are having connectivity issues. Steps to update are found here.

Ok I’ll try it. Before I do that are you still unable to ping the panel?

Yes, I have been sending pings before each response, no cell pings have gone through. Broadband is working as expected when enabled.

Factory reset worked! Cellular test is now successful. Can you please confirm that you can ping successfully now?

Yes, pings look good and quick. Both broadband and cell are signaling. Looks good now.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you!