Can I use alarm.com registered items with surety?

Hello All,

I recently moved into a home where the previous owners had alarm.com registered equipment already installed (through homeprotech). The setup consists of iqpanel 2 (does not seem to be turning ON, just a blank black screen), a video doorbell, carbon monoxide/smoke detectors, couple of outdoor cameras and entry sensors for all the windows and motion sensors for the rooms.

The problem is the previous homeowners broke homeprotech’s contract. I called homeprotech and they say the account is still active from the previous owners. I reach out to the previous owners and they are like silent.

Can I use the existing setup with surety?

While the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 is compatible with our service, it will need to be unregistered before you can use it with service, panels/modules can only be registered to one Alarm.com account at a time.

Typically, the module is unregistered during the account cancellation process and only the service provider who holds the account can do this.

Similarly, Alarm.com compatible cameras can only be linked to one ADC account at a time. Assuming those cameras are connected to service still, they would need to be removed from the Alarm.com account first (or the ADC account deleted) before they can be used with another provider.

The setup consists of iqpanel 2 (does not seem to be turning ON, just a blank black screen)

Is the panel plugged into power? There will be a 5.5 or 7V transformer supplying power plugged into an outlet (possibly nearby or in a basement/closet).