Building a system by piece parting

I have an existing Ademco Panel with Internet & Cellular connectivity with my provider. I found out about the 2GIG system and am planning on upgrading to that. I had asked a couple of questions and was told it’s best to share with others so that’s what I am doing. I wanted at start with the 2GIG GO Panel with AT&T Cellular with one additional panel. I haven’d had two monitoring but I thought it was pretty good. I found out the additional panels outside of the main panel will not do the two way monitoring which I hope will be available in the future. If you have additional panels I would have hoped they all would do what the main panel does. I am not sure if there are other things they don’t do yet.

I am starting with:
2GIG Go!Control Touch Screen Wireless Control Panel (2GIG-CNTRL2-345)
2GIG TS1 Wireless Secondary Touch Screen Keypad (2GIG-TS1-E)
I was old in order to make the TS1 I would also have to purchase:
2GIG 900 MHz Transceiver (2GIG-XCVR2-345).

I have Ademco Wirless 5881 Wireless Receivers that is used to receive signals from all of my motion detectors. Does anyone know if the 2GIG can talk to that to toe 5881 or if I will have to replace all of my 58xx devices right away?

I have (2) doors, (3) smoke detectors, 6 motion detectors, (1) carbon monoxide device now and it would be great if I didn’t have to replace all of the right away.

Also I have Z-wave. I understand that the 2G can talk to Z-Wave devices. Right now I use a VeraLite that controls a few devices including a thermostat. Does anyone know if I can just delete the pairing of the existing Z-Wave devices and then pair them up with the 2GIG; if that would be the way to go?

Also it’s my understanding that if you want to pair ZWAVE devices that it might be best to do it through the Alarm.Com’s web site?

This looks like a pretty cool Alarm System and I am anxious to get started with it.

I apologize for so many questions in advance.

One more question, do you get the installer code when you buy a 2GIG system from Surety?

The 2GIG panel itself is compatible with the Ademco/Honeywell 5800 series wireless sensors so you don’t need to use the 5881 wireless receiver. You don’t have to replace your Ademco 5800 sensors unless they go bad or aren’t working well for you, they’ll work fine with 2GIG.

To use 2GIG and Vera you would leave your z-wave devices enrolled on the Vera controller and then add the 2GIG panel to the Vera controller as a sub-controller leaving Vera as the master controller. That gives 2GIG access to the z-wave devices but you can still use them with Vera as well. It puts both controllers on the same z-wave network.

You don’t pair z-wave devices with Alarm.com directly. You pair them with the 2GIG panel and Alarm.com accesses them through the 2GIG panel. We do recommend using Alarm.com to program rules to automate the devices after they’ve been added to the 2GIG panel.

Yes, suretyDIY gives you your installer code and does not lock you out of programming your own panel.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions, we’re happy to help.

That’s great, thanks so much for all of your answers and help.