Builder installed q panel

Hello, we have a builder installed q panel and sky bell but can’t access serial numbers.

I forgot to mention, the alarm system and doorbell have not been activated.

U should be able to access the imei number so U can register with surety but swiping down from the top tap on advanced settings enter 1111 or 2222 or 1234 tap on about and u should see the imei number for the panel for the doorbell part I can’t remember but I believe u scan a QR code or somthing like that when u set it up

Hi, steps to get started with an IQ Panel 2/2+ are described here!

The panel IMEI ( the serial number needed to get started ) is found on a sticker on the back of the panel case or under the About section if you can access settings.

Default codes for that panel are 1234 for master user, 2222 for the dealer code, and 1111 for installer. These may have been changed by the installer, but it would be somewhat strange for them to set a different master user code so that is likely still 1234.

Ok I’m so paranoid about putting in those numbers and then the alarm goes off and then what do I do?

To access the system and get started you’ll need to use the panel menus.

You do not need to arm the system. I would not recommend doing so until you know a user code which works.

You can just try to reach the settings menu by swiping down from the top or tapping the top of the screen. Choose Settings > Advanced Settings. It will prompt you for a code.

Does 1234 work? If so that’s still your master code and you can use it to get started with service.

Thank you Jason, I’ll give it a shot!

Ok it worked, but it says it’s already registered with alarm.com?
We haven’t signed up for another company?

That would be pretty common actually if you have a panel from a builder program.

The security company installing the system and working with the builder will pre-register the system with an Alarm.com account to lock it down.

You would need to then contact them to use it, either using their service or asking them to cancel the Alarm.com account in order to unregister the panel and let you use it with a vendor of your choice.

I have a feeling that no security company would unlock it?

It would depend on what is in your builder contract, whatever you have signed. We have users who have opted out of a builder program.

Not all security dealers are going to be defensive or shady about it. The Builder programs are used as ways to obtain customers more easily for those installers, but if you have not signed any monitoring agreement/contract with the security dealer there’s a good chance you might be able to use that equipment with a vendor of your choice.