Builder install alarm system: NV-6V2

After that, From that other post, there was an suggestion to trigger the highest zone (Zone 6, master bedroom), so I did that. After triggering the alarm, logged into alarm.com and I was able to see all the zone

Great news, thank you for following up!

The alarm.com “activity” page does show all the activities correctly, however. Is this because I am in test mode? Thanks.

The Central Station will still see the signals sent to them while your account is in test mode, they just won’t act on them. In this case, I do see an alarm event in Alarm.com history, however it is a Pending Alarm which was disarmed, meaning that the disarm occurred within the dialer delay time. In this case, operators would not see an alarm signal.

Dialer delay is a feature on panels which allows you to set a delay period between setting off the siren and when the signal is forwarded to the central station. It is meant to reduce false alarm responses.

By default I believe the dialer delay on all NX panels is set to 30 seconds. You can find Dialer Delay settings at Location 40, Segment 8

To test a signal with the central station, make sure to let the siren go the full dialer delay period before disarming.

Thanks Jason. I reduced the dialer delay to 5 seconds and then tested it. The monitoring station did see the alarm. I’ve reset it back to 30 seconds after the test.

Link I posted a question in the other forum post about activating the “POLICE” button on the keypad. I see how to activate the “FIRE” and “MEDICAL” in Location 23, Segment 1, but didn’t see POLICE there. Doing a global search for word “POLICE” in the user manual turned up nothing either.

Also, I have DURESS verbal word setup, but how do I add a code in the keypad. I tried editing Location 44, but when I try to type in a four digit code, it start beeping after the second number.

Thanks.

I believe you will want either 4 or 5 enabled. The police panic should be enabled by default. If in test mode with the central station you can press and hold the shield icon button on your keypad to verify signals are being sent.

Also, I have DURESS verbal word setup, but how do I add a code in the keypad. I tried editing Location 44, but when I try to type in a four digit code, it start beeping after the second number.

If I recall correctly that location is six segments, each two digits. If you want to set, say, 1234 as the code, try 01, 02, 03, 04, etc.

Duress code instruction is found on page 36/37 of the installer manual.

Thanks again for your help. I would have never figured out Location 44 was actually six segments. If I wanted to 1234 as my duress code, I would enter:

[01][]+[02][]+[03][]+[04][]+[EXIT]+[EXIT] Is this correct?

I just armed the system and came back about an hour later and when I went to disarm the system, I noticed that STAY light was on. The EXIT light was off. I thought STAY disables all internal doors and motion sensors (I don’t have any now, but will add later). Is this normal behavior?

Thanks.

I just armed the system and came back about an hour later and when I went to disarm the system, I noticed that STAY light was on. The EXIT light was off. I thought STAY disables all internal doors and motion sensors (I don’t have any now, but will add later). Is this normal behavior?

Interlogix does not like to name things according to common convention so it is a bit difficult to find, but yes, this is normal and a result of Auto-Stay.

In the NX manual it is labeled Automatic bypass/instant arming. The effect is the same: if the system does not detect an Entry/Exit sensor opening and closing during the exit delay countdown (confirming the person who armed at the keypad did in fact leave) it will revert to Stay mode.

This is controlled at Location 23. See the manual here.

If you left through a door without a working Entry/Exit sensor, that would explain why this occurred.

[01][*]+[02][*]+[03][*]+[04][*]+[EXIT]+[EXIT] Is this correct?

I believe you need to enter all 6 segments. If the option to use 6 digit codes is not enabled on the panel overall it will ignore the last two digits.

How to add NX-410-US-VZ zwave controller as the secondary controller to SmartThings? The instructions seems pretty simple. I press the module’s zwave learn button on the NX-410-US-VZ and I see be able to add the NX-410-US-VZ to the ST. But, after many attempts, ST can’t find the NX-410-US-VZ. I have the three controllers within few feet of each other. Thanks.

You would just want to enter pair mode on ST, then press the learn button on the Alarm.com module. All other Z-wave devices should be learned into ST first.

If you follow those steps any luck?

For clarification. The “pair mode on ST” just means the “add a thing” under the “Things” menu? Also, “learn button” is the physical zwave learn button in the NX-410-US-VZ module? If so, that’s what I am doing.

I press the module’s zwave learn button on the NX-410-US-VZ and I see be able to add the NX-410-US-VZ to the ST. But, after many attempts, ST can’t find the NX-410-US-VZ.

So to clarify here, you are able to connect it by pressing learn on the NX-410-US-VZ first? If so, are you waiting to verify if devices are found on your Alarm.com list?

It seems like you are saying that you can connect them one way but not the other, am I understanding that?

Note that secondary controller processes are not supported by the manufacturers, and a good amount of trial and error can be involved given various Z-wave and controller versions.

For clarification. The “pair mode on ST” just means the “add a thing” under the “Things” menu? Also, “learn button” is the physical zwave learn button in the NX-410-US-VZ module? If so, that’s what I am doing.

Yes on the Alarm.com module. Unless the ST software has an ability to pair a controller specifically, yes.

Strange. I am doing exactly that, but ST doesn’t see the alarm.com module.

So to clarify here, you are able to connect it by pressing learn on the NX-410-US-VZ first? If so, are you waiting to verify if devices are found on your Alarm.com list?

It seems like you are saying that you can connect them one way but not the other, am I understanding that?

No, I am not able to connect by pressing the learn button on the NX-410-US-VZ. ST doesn’t see the alarm.com module. I’ve tried power cycling both the alarm.com and the ST. The alarm.com does enter into “learn” mode when I press the button. The L2 (amber light) flashes 4 times when I press the button indicating it’s in the “learn” mode.

Just to make sure I’m doing this correctly. Aside from NX-410-US-VZ, do I need any other hardware? I haven’t added the wireless keyboard NX-148-RF you mentioned earlier. Wasn’t sure if a wireless module required for the zwave portion to work. I am waiting to make sure my existing Zwave/home automation works with alarm.com before investing in more hardware. Thanks.

Just to make sure I’m doing this correctly. Aside from NX-410-US-VZ, do I need any other hardware? I haven’t added the wireless keyboard NX-148-RF you mentioned earlier. Wasn’t sure if a wireless module required for the zwave portion to work.

Nope, the NX-148-RF is not related to Z-wave, just the 319.5 GE wireless sensors.

The NX-410-US-VZ may not be able to properly share node data with ST. To rule out other issues, try removing one of your devices like a light switch from ST, then just add it directly to the NX module.

If you do not see it populate in ADC after a short while, let us know and we will request an updated equipment list to see if it is showing on the panel.

I’ve added a Leviton DZPA1-15A wall socket switch successfully. However, I don’t see it in Alarm.com. I’ve tried the following number of times: Alarm.com website, Setting --> Devices --> Auotmation Devices --> “Click here to request updated emPower device list from the panel”. But nothing comes up.

Commands were run to update the equipment list but no new devices are populating in Alarm.com.

Was the Z-Wave device deleted from the z-wave network first before adding to the panel? Z-Wave devices are linked to a parent network and need to be cleared first before adding them to a new network.

You will want to remove the z-wave device from the existing z-wave network and then re add, to do so, from cellular module manual:

1. Locate the Alarm.com module.
  2. Press and hold the button on the module.
  3. Release the button once the L2 LED flashes in groups of four.
  4. Press and hold the button on the module a second time
  5. Release the button once the L2 LED flashes in groups of two.
  6. Trigger a device to clear its network data and remove it from the existing Z-Wave
    network.
  7. The panel will beep when a device has been deleted.
  8. You will need to re-enter Delete Mode to delete more devices

After deleting, you will want to re add the device. Did it learn in?

Tyler. This device was removed properly from the ST before it was added to the alarm.com module.

BTW, according to the manual (and you), the panel should beep, mine did not beep. However, the L2 light did stay one indicating it was properly added to the alarm.com module.

Tyler. This device was removed properly from the ST before it was added to the alarm.com module. BTW, according to the manual (and you), the panel should beep, mine did not beep. However, the L2 light did stay one indicating it was properly added to the alarm.com module.

Note that the LED will remain solid with a quick single blink when receiving a signal from a device still connected to a network, and you should hear a beep to indicate a successful addition.

To clarify:

There are actions which delete a device from a controller’s list.

There are actions which delete a device and clear it’s parent network link saved in the device itself. It is this second part that is 100% necessary for re-addition to another network.

Based on your description and the results I would presume that it simply hasn’t had this link cleared.

Please follow the Delete Device steps above on the NX Module. Then follow the Add Device steps on the NX Module.

Any change?

Thanks for the clarification. I followed the directions. I now see the light switch in alarm.com. BTW, no beeps from the panel either removing or adding a device.

Should I delete the light switch again from the alarm.com module and try to add the alarm.com module as a secondary controller to ST again?

Should I delete the light switch again from the alarm.com module and try to add the alarm.com module as a secondary controller to ST again?

Yes, you can give it a try again, the prior test with the just the switch was to otherwise prove normal functionality of the module. It looks like Z-wave is functioning as expected.

If unable to communicate between the NX Module and ST, it may not be possible to successfully pair the two. We’ll do some digging, however that is not an officially supported feature of the module, so unfortunately no documentation and likely no manufacturer testing exists.

I would appreciate any help. I’ve tried all day yesterday. The alarm.com module seems to work fine, but just will not recognize the ST. BTW, do you guys know of any other suretydiy users who were successful in getting the NX-400/410-US modules to work with ST or Vera? Reading the forum, looks like I’m not alone, but those posts doesn’t have a conclusion whether they were successful in using the alarm.com module as a secondary controller to ST/Vera.

One thought. My panel does not “beep” when I add or remove a zwave device. Is there something in the panel I need to enable? Just a thought.

BTW, do you guys know of any other suretydiy users who were successful in getting the NX-400/410-US modules to work with ST or Vera?

We can see an instance of secondary controllers where they are present on an account, and unfortunately I do not see any surety NX user who has evidence of a secondary controller after an equipment search in ADC.

The alarm.com module seems to work fine, but just will not recognize the ST

This is probably evidence of it as incompatible. There is no documentation at all with any mention of controller pairing for the NX.

My panel does not “beep” when I add or remove a zwave device. Is there something in the panel I need to enable? Just a thought.

I believe that spot in the instructions is referring to the keypad, similar to a Concord. I don’t think chime affects it, though you might check to make sure chime is on if you do not hear a quick beep out of the keypad.