Brinks - releasing communicator from alarm.com

I cancelled Brinks. I still have to wait 30 days before they officially cancel services so I can’t do anything right now.

I’m reading some horror stories of people not having their communicator released by Brinks from their old alarm.com account. I’ve read complaints about having to speak with support for several hours, sometimes to no resolution. I’ve read one comment where their equipment was unregistered automatically after a week without any help from Brinks support. I’m curious to see how people’s experiences have been. Did you have to call Brinks to get them to do anything? It seems that they transfer you the wrong department or the people there have no clue what you’re talking about when you ask them to do this. Is there a specific department or extension I should be looking to talk to?

I’m planning on giving them a week after my service is officially cut off to release my communicator and delete the alarm.com account. If it doesn’t happen on its own, I will call them. I just want to be prepared and know what to expect.

My experience with cancelling Brinks. Just alot of holding on the phone and patience. Then after my 30 days and it was officially cancelled. I had to call again and be on hold more then they cancelled my alarm.com account and then released the communicator.

Only the dealer who holds the Alarm.com account can release the cellular module. This is typically done during the account cancellation process.

If they do not release it, then the module would need to be replaced (if its modular) in order to use the system with another Alarm.com provider. If the module is integrated, then the panel would need to be replaced.