Brinks/Concord 4 Switch to Surety

Looking to switch from Brinks (Livewatch legacy on Alarm.com) to Surety with central monitoring and automation enabled. Video TBD.

System:

• Concord 4 (2013 – not sure what firmware)
  • 600-1019 - Interlogix SuperBus 2000 2-Amp Power Supply Module
  • 60-757 - Interlogix 8-Zone Input SnapCard Expansion Module
  • 600-1053-4-ZX-VZ - Concord Cellular Module with Verizon (3G) + Zwave
  • System Sensor COSMOD2W Interface (SYS-COSMOD2W)
  • System Sensor COSMO-2W (8) Smoke/CO detectors
  • 2 hardwired keypads
  • 2 hardwired IRs (legacy of some kind)
  • 13 hardwired sensors (legacy of some kind)
  • 25 wireless sensors (GE / Interlogix, all bought in last 6 years)
  • 15 Z wave devices (GE/Jasco/Interlogix/Aeotec) – mix of installed outlets and outlet plugs plus GE 45601 Z-Wave Remote
  • 4 Trane TZEMT400BB3 Z wave Thermostats
  • Liftmaster gateway with 2 door openers

Key goals:

• ease of transition – what will work and what wont?
  • improved Zwave networking and function. Current ADC Cell/zwave module has been repositioned a zillion times but throws errors every day. Hoping new 4g LTE module may have Z-Wave Plus?
  • Have mediocre 3g and 4g service on all carriers. However, I do get startup “2 flashes” on cell module located well away from panel - enough to have system work (except z wave) 99% of the time.
  • Family never uses physical system - keypads are too intimidating. Only uses ADC app.
  • Is it time to upgrade? QOLSYS IQ2+ with a 16-F module? Concerned compatibility with existing smokes/CO and cell reception.

All help and info welcome!

Happy to help out!

600-1053-4-ZX-VZ – Concord Cellular Module with Verizon (3G) + Zwave

At the very least, this would need to be replaced. Alarm.com no longer allows account activation using 3G modules due to the impending 3G service sunset. A newer 4G module would be needed. You would want the 600-1053-LTE-VZ.

Z-wave devices would need to be relearned into the new module locally. The system would otherwise work as it does now without further changes needed.

Video can be added/removed down the line when necessary. Surety users can adjust their subscription at any time through our website.

Is it time to upgrade? QOLSYS IQ2+ with a 16-F module? Concerned compatibility with existing smokes/CO and cell reception.

Upgrading would provide some definite improvements. Z-wave management, troubleshooting, and performance if your devices are Z-wave Plus are much better on the IQ Panel 2. It is a much more user friendly system too, so your family may be more inclined to use the panel locally, though they wouldn’t need to.

You would of course be limited on cell antenna placement, as it is an all-in-one panel.

The bulk of the concern however, is that the Smoke/Co devices you have in place would not be compatible as-is. The Hardwire 16F is not for use with CO devices, and the recommended two wire smoke detector models are: 2W-B, 2WT-B, or 2WTA-B.

Since the Smoke and CO outputs on that SYS-COSMOD2W device appear to be split off you may be able to utilize smoke without CO monitoring, but I have not tried using that module before to confirm. At the very least, CO monitoring would not be available.

You could add wireless CO detectors to replace the lost functionality.

The two hardwired keypads would no longer function. Typically the IQ Panel 2 would take the place of one and reuse the wiring with its own included transformer.

You can replace the other keypad with an IQ Remote secondary touchscreen, but if the keypads are rarely used this may not be necessary.

Thank you for the info!

Does the 600-1053-LTE-VZ use z wave plus? Tried looking for a conclusive answer but the spec sheets I’m seeing do not specify.

Does the 600-1053-LTE-VZ use z wave plus? Tried looking for a conclusive answer but the spec sheets I’m seeing do not specify.

Last I checked there were no versions with Z-wave Plus yet, but I will double check with ADC and get back to you here. Typically if it is not called out on the documentation it uses legacy Z-wave.

Also, Z-wave plus on the controller will only help if the devices themselves are also Z-wave plus. If not the devices will simply be communicating with the controller with legacy Z-wave protocol and you won’t have any of the range benefits, etc.

Most of my devices are zwave plus at this point, so an upgrade would help. Did ADC report if there’s zwave on the concord 4 cell LTE module?

Also, assuming I get an IQ2+, can the legacy interlogix wireless sensors be “learned” into that system while still part of the concord 4 system (one sensor tripping 2 different panels simultaneously)?

Would help the transition.

Did ADC report if there’s zwave on the concord 4 cell LTE module?

Yes, it is not prevalent in the product literature like the dual path CD-421-US-VZ, but yes it looks like Z-wave Plus is available on the 600-1053-LTE-VZ.

assuming I get an IQ2+, can the legacy interlogix wireless sensors be “learned” into that system while still part of the concord 4 system (one sensor tripping 2 different panels simultaneously)?

Yes, GE 319.5 mhz sensors could be learned into both systems simultaneously since the sensors just broadcast and the panels are tuned to listen to them.