Blank panel did not show anything

My panel was blank when I entered to deactivate my alarm and nothing was showing so the alarm went off and it took several minutes for the screen to show something again before i could deactivate it. Police also showed up. Why did this happen?!

It looks like you are using a 2GIG GC3. Your GC3 has launch firmware on it (3.0.0) and I would recommend updating to at least 3.1.3 for general stability benefits.

We’ve heard a few reports from GC3 and GC2 users where a panel screen went black. This is a rare error more common on older firmware, generally a reboot helped in most cases.

You can send a remote reboot command from the System Manager here.

Did you do anything to troubleshoot the screen or did it just come back on its own?

yes it just came back on its own after several minutes of alarm going on. How can I reboot the system?

You can send a remote reboot command from the System Manager here

Alternatively you can perform a manual power cycle by unplugging the wall transformer and then opening the panel and unplugging the internal battery. Wait 30 seconds, then plug in the battery, close up the panel, then plug in the wall transformer.

Will doing that remotely effect anything with the alarm. I’m in the office and it said that your systems will be down for about 2 minutes while its rebooting. Do we have to do anything?

It will boot back up into the same arming state that it was in when it powers down. There is nothing extra needed, it can be sent as long as the panel is communicating with Alarm.com.

thank you for your help