Battery notifications for every sensor

Hi

Just been up and running for several days now. Anyways, tonight I got battery notifications for the panel and every sensor having a low battery. Is that possible? Or is something wrong with the system?

Either way I had to unplug the panel as it has been notifying us about low battery every 30? minutes or so. Nothing I can do about it right now…

I suspect you have a 2GIG Super Switch Take Over Module (2GIG-TAKE-345) so you would have wired sensors all going back to this device.

If so, the 2GIG-TAKE-345 uses the wired alarm panel’s battery for it’s battery backup. The same battery backs up all the sensors. You would need to replace that battery to make them all stop complaining.

Morning,

Thanks for the reply. I do have a superswitch module in the closet where the panel plugs are.

So to replace the 12v battery, I would disconnect the AC adapter first (screwed into the outlet) then disconnect the leads to the battery. Then hook up new battery then ac adapter?

1. Disconnect the 12V terminal on the 2GIG-TAKE-345.
  2. Disconnect the wired alarm panel's wall power.
  3. Disconnect the old backup battery.
  4. Connect the new backup battery.
  5. Connect the wired alarm panel's wall power.
  6. Connect the 12V terminal on the 2GIG-TAKE-345.

Connecting the 12V terminal on the 2GIG-TAKE-345 should be the last thing you do.

2GIG-TAKE-345 Battery Warning

2GIG-TAKE-345-Battery-Warning.png