Bandwidth speeds

I have had four cameras in use for years and recently added the Alarm.com gateway. I had never had any bandwidth issues, even after adding the gateway. I recently added two outdoor cameras and two doorbell cameras. Now download speeds have sunk from a steady 200-215Mbps to 20-25Mbps. I have not tinkered with the camera settings, but sure seems like a huge drop for four cameras as the previous four never seemed to affect the speed. Upload speeds have stayed normal. Is this a normal response? Am I missing any settings that should be changed? I have tested by temporarily disabling the port that the gateway is attached to and immediately the bandwidth went back previous download speeds. Thank you.

At face value it kind of sounds like the router throttling bandwidth. What model of router are you using?

In addition to all the cameras, roughly how many other devices are connected at any one time?

Router is a Peplink Balance One. In addition to the cameras, maybe 4 other devices connected at any one time.

Looks like that model advertises dynamic bandwidth management.

Try a test with just one camera on the Gateway. Check speeds. Try two cameras, three. Is there an abrupt fall off at some point or does it gradually lower?

Jason, just an update FYI…it ended up being partly ISP and partly my equipment. ISP says there was a bad connector and on my end, my router was failing. Those two things resolved and all seems to be working correctly. Thank you again for your help. You are always prompt and so willing to help out. I sincerely appreciate it.

Ah, glad to hear you found the issue! Thanks for following up, always happy to help out.