Audio alert from GC3

All,

Today I ended up having to run home from work due to an alert going off on my panel and the dog freaking out. This alert was caused by a loss of supervision alert from a wireless sensor. It is just a simple beep every few seconds. This is the same alert that is caused by weather alerts as well. Is there a way in the panel to make it so that the alerts go off and alert ADC, my phone and send emails and text messages, but do not produce an audio response on the panel? I have the alerts working in ADC to alert my phone of the warnings on the panel.

Thanks,

Isaac

There actually is an Alarm.com app feature to silence trouble beeps remotely, but it is compatible with most every panel except for the GC3 unfortunately.

There would be no way of singling out supervision troubles to not produce local audio. The trouble alerts fall under the System Announcement volume slider, which when set all the way down will cause the volume to be very low, but still present, rather than completely turning off the announcements.

The volume would be very low, which may work in this case. Or another option would be to disable supervision for sensors, but this wouldn’t address other trouble beep sounds.

I’m not sure if something in the GC3 software prevents the remote alert acknowledgement feature or if it something still being worked on by ADC. I would guess the former unfortunately. I am reaching out to Alarm.com to determine why the GC3 does not support it.

Thanks for the quick feedback. You guys are always great about this. I have turned down the sliders and I’ll see how that works. Thanks for checking with ADC about future support.

A few other things:
–Can you please turn off the weather alerts on your end, or can I do that?
–Do you have a recommendation for a wireless sensor that can be used outside?

Of course happy to help out!

Normally users can actually control this on their own in the Surety System Manager, but in this case it looks like you may have a custom feature specific to your energy provider which is not supported by our service switcher. I’ve removed Severe Weather Alerts from your service for you.

As far as an outdoor wireless sensor, that would depend on the type of sensor you need. Do you need a door/window contact?

There are a couple good outdoor door/window models available: the 2GIG-DW30 and the Honeywell 5816OD.