Attic temp monitoring

What’s a good option or options compatible with an iq2+ panel for monitoring the temperature in my unfinished attic? Ideally I’d like to be able to monitor at two or three different locations in the attic.

The only option I’m aware of are sensors that will trigger for a factory set high or low temperature. I believe over 90 and under 40 degrees. There are both Qolsys and PowerG sensors available.

You could use up to two PG9905 temp sensors for temp monitoring in ADC. You would want to use them with the optional PGTEMP-PROBE as the sensor itself is not suited to an unfinished attic with the continuous high/low temps and humidity.

Will this allow continuous temp readings that I can check on ADC? Is there a way to keep a history of the temp readings? Can I mount the pg9905 in the attic with the probe, or do I need to leave the sensor in the house and pass the probe wire through a hole in the ceiling?

I suggest that you forget about using your Surety system to monitor temperatures and buy a different system for that. I bought two PG9905 sensors and also two PGTEMP-PROBE wires (at great expense) and wasted days trying to make them work (to monitor a refrigerator and a freezer).

Surety has not responded as to whether the issue is the Qolsys 4 panel or the Alarm.com phone app, but the temperature readings are not updated on the phone unless the temperature crosses the high or low limits. But if you are at home, I found that you can see the real-time temperature readings at the Qolsys panel by running the PowerG sensor tests and viewing the test results. Of course, if I was at home, I could also just go and open the refrigerator or freezer door to see if they were at the right temperatures – so what good are the PG9905 sensors?

I see no way to log the temperature changes either.

I have also purchased some Z-Wave temperature sensors, but I uninstalled them to troubleshoot the PG9905 sensors. I have not reinstalled them yet. I do not know if they could withstand the environmental conditions of an attic. They do not have probe wires. I have used some battery-powered, stand-alone sensors (not connected to my security system) that have remote displays and they have worked reliably for years to monitor attic temperatures that have reached 140 degrees, at least. Lithium AA batteries seem to be able to tolerate those high temperatures without leaking.

Surety has not responded as to whether the issue is the Qolsys 4 panel or the Alarm.com phone app, but the temperature readings are not updated on the phone unless the temperature crosses the high or low limits.

Last we spoke with Qolsys on this they were looking into it with ADC but did not have a confirmed cause. ADC created a Commercial specific temperature monitoring add-on service for businesses which uses the PG9905, but two PG9905 should be visible on non-commercial accounts. The temp is there in alarm.com, but it does not update properly as the temp fluctuates.

As long as the ADC documentation is still accurate, there is certainly a bug at least affecting the latest Qolsys firmware version currently. They are working on this with Qolsys and hopefully we can get an update soon.