Arming from IQ Remote Secondary Panel reports arming by user

When I arm my system from the IQ Remote Secondary Panel, it Alarm.com reports arming my system by one of the users. I believe it used to report being armed by the panel name. Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks!

When the system is locally armed or disarmed using a code, the name of the user associated with the user code is included in the notification, if you use the website or mobile app, the user name is not included. I do not believe this can be changed. I will report back when I find more information.

What’s weird is that no code is being used to arm the system from the secondary panel. It’s just hitting the “Arm Stay” button.

Interesting. Is it always the same user being shown?

Based on how the reports are sent by the panel to ADC I wouldn’t be able to tell which were legitimately done by a means that would include the user name and which were representative of this issue you are reporting. Could you point out a couple instances in history and the time when this occurred?

If you are not certain on the existing ones could you create a couple more by testing?

That way I can point it to ADC and look into possible causes.

Yes, the ones that I’ve noticed are all arm stay by Molly Maid. The reason I noticed is because when it happens, the cleaning service we use shouldn’t be there and it’s a bit disconcerting.

Are all instances of the Molly Maid user arming the panel an instance of the IQ Remote arming the panel?

Not positive all of them are from the IQ Remote, but certainly all of them are incorrectly reported as being specifically from the Molly Maid user. No one is arming the system using a code and definitely not that one.

Gotcha, that’s a good place to start. To be more controlled and exact with testing, could you arm the system a couple times from the Main control panel, then arm a couple times from the IQ Remote later when able?

Let us know the order and when you did it. We can point to those tests then as definitive evidence and show Alarm.com/Qolsys any differences in reporting.

I can confirm that all “Armed Stay by Molly Maid” events today were from the IQ Remote. Those listed just as “Armed Stay” were from the panel.

In terms of the ordering, it would be, starting at 6:02pm (Central):
IQ Remote
IQ Remote
IQ Panel
IQ Remote
IQ Panel

Fantastic, thank you! We will send this to ADC and Qolsys for review and see if we can send a few commands to clean up the reports from the system or determine another resolution. I will follow up here.

Thanks for looking into this. As another data point, I can also confirm that arming away also generates an erroneous “Armed Away by Molly Maid” notification. It’s just strange since I’m not aware of a way to identify who armed the system from the remote panel (or the panel).

Thank you for following up.

One thing to try here would be to update your panel’s firmware to the most recent and test. The most recent would be 2.3.3 and can be obtained via the following means:

1- Swipe down from the top of the screen and touch “Settings"
2- Touch “Advanced Settings”
3- Enter a valid installer code
4- Touch “Upgrade Software”
5 -Touch “Patch Tag” and enter the patch iqpanel2.3.3 then touch OK
6- Touch “Upgrade Using Network” (panel must be connected to Wi-Fi). Update will download and install
7- Once complete touch “OK” to reboot the panel. DO NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN. The update process will
take approximately 5 minutes. After the panel reboots the home screen will appear and the LED will turn green.

I think updating the panel’s firmware may have fixed it. I did the upgrade and so far I don’t seem to have any more problems.

Thank you for following up and confirming! Glad to hear that is resolved for you.